Ask Andy Answers

I get many questions by private e-mail and thought I’d share some of them with you!

boater-skimmer-hatsBoater and Skimmer Hats


Q: What is the difference between a “boater” and a “skimmer” hat for men? Thank you.  A: They are the same style hat with different names. This is what I have in the Hat Chapter of The Encyclopedia of Men’s Clothes: Boater straw hat, also popularly known as Sailor, Sennit, […]