triklops55

I'm interested. Do you have a sample of a video so I can see exactly what you are looking for?
Do you need us to introduce ourselves at the beginning of the video or just get right into it?
So basically you want us to provide any style tips that we've found helpful or that we think would be helpful to others?

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
Great questions!! Thanks so much for your interest in helping us!

Do you need us to introduce ourselves at the beginning of the video or just get right into it?
Not specifically, but if you wanted to do some quick intro, you could do something like "this is {your member name or your real name} for/from Ask Andy About Clothes, and one of my favorite style hacks is...". Doesn't have to be that exactly, whatever feels natural :cool:

Do you have a sample of a video so I can see exactly what you are looking for?
There is no exact requirement outside of what is outlined in the first thread. We haven't ourselves done this before, but you may be able to find some examples on Instagram stories, or TikTok.

While we will not specifically using these short videos for TikTok, here is an example of some vertical-shot videos to give you a sense of how they could be done. The particular example is related to men's cosmetics, but it should give you an idea of the concept.

So basically you want us to provide any style tips that we've found helpful or that we think would be helpful to others?
100% -- one tip per video ideally so it provides value.

BarrettMC

Starting Member
I would be happy to shoot a couple. I have a camera. But my wardrobe is mostly contemporary and streetwear. Out of curiosity, what's the youtube channel?

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
Thanks @BarrettMC !!

If you view our YouTube from your mobile, and watch the one I just uploaded yesterday, you'll see an example of a short portrait/vertical style-tip video.

Open the YT app on your phone, and search for Ask Andy About Clothes. Scroll until you see our channel.

Screenshot_20201106-132925_YouTube.jpg

Open our channel, and view the latest one.

Any and all style tips, style hacks, or any other helpful tips are welcome!

Last edited:

Troones

I'm currently working on the one I had promised within a week. Just trying to tighten up the editing. Its tougher than I thought to stay within 55 seconds!

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
@RogerP
@medhat
@HBNTrader
@Troones
@Mute
@triklops55
@BarrettMC
@Mr. B. Scott Robinson

I worked with one of my friends (David K from Threadability) and we created 10 initial short style-hack videos to jump start the efforts.

Many are already published on our YT channel, but I'm starting to share them here in the community as well.

You can see the first couple here.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys put together!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals