TKI67

As I advised in another thread, due to some moderately significant weight loss I needed to replace much of my wardrobe. In the coinciding worlds of pandemic, retirement, and a generally less dressy state of affairs,I decided that one suit that could serve for any weddings, funerals, or other occasions too dressy for a blazer was sufficient. It arrived today, probably my last Southwick, hence bittersweet. It is a charcoal grey 3/2. I may make a photo once it gets cuffed, 1 3/4" as always. Thank you, O'Connell's.

drpeter

As I advised in another thread, due to some moderately significant weight loss I needed to replace much of my wardrobe. In the coinciding worlds of pandemic, retirement, and a generally less dressy state of affairs,I decided that one suit that could serve for any weddings, funerals, or other occasions too dressy for a blazer was sufficient. It arrived today, probably my last Southwick, hence bittersweet. It is a charcoal grey 3/2. I may make a photo once it gets cuffed, 1 3/4" as always. Thank you, O'Connell's.
Indeed, bittersweet. I hope you enjoy this last suit in good health. I'll look forward to the pictures.

fishertw

Advanced Member
Congratulations on the weight loss and the new suit. I too just bought one of the last Southwick Harris tweed 3/2 jackets from OConnells and tried on the two remaining BB suits (grey stripe and navy) to ensure I had suitable cover for weddings or funerals. It’s now time on Monday to put away the seersuckeR for the year ( unworn this year due to Covid and no place to go) and change out the closet. Just stay safe as we do not want to actually be a dying breed in all this mess and live to wear the new suit in good health.
Tom

some_dude

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
That is bittersweet.. end of an era.

I will say, though, don't wait for an occasion where you NEED to wear it-- just put it on and go out for dinner or something. You might find yourself wearing it more than you think.

TKI67

That is bittersweet.. end of an era.

I will say, though, don't wait for an occasion where you NEED to wear it-- just put it on and go out for dinner or something. You might find yourself wearing it more than you think.
Thanks! I shall!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.