A Trad "What are you Wearing"

Duvel

Connoisseur
The Great Gatsby, maybe the best novel about America ever written. I'm fond of the shirt scene, such a sharply drawn moment of realization. Daisy sheds tears, saying the shirts are so beautiful, and yet seems, to me, to be crying for all the time lost. The shirts represent a wasted life.

L-feld

Elite Member
L-feld: love the sport coat, also, I love that watch (I always mean to mention it every time it pops up in one of your posts) - the timeless, simple, classic design of the railroad watch is fantastic.

Much obliged. I love railroad watches because they are easy to read and easy to own. I have a few "fancier" watches that I inherited from my father and grandfather, but they just keep crapping out on me and I'm getting sick of having them repaired.

The railroad watches, however, just keep on chugging along. Even my grandfather's 1936 Hamilton keeps great time and has required essentially no repairs for the 10 years I've had it.

Last edited:

orange fury

Connoisseur
Crosspost from Fashion- Nothing too exciting, but I was excited to try out my black knit tie today:

J Crew suit - PRL shirt - RLPL knit tie - AE Boardrooms - Tiffany buckle/Beltmaster strap

DannoRye

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I'm a college student so I apologize for the messy house and poor picture. I've also never contributed to this thread so feel free to let me have it.

Vintage 80/20 Bean Fisherman's sweater, (superior to the currently offered one in every way, IMO)
Bill's M2

Not pictured:
LL Bean Chino belt
Rancourt Beefrolls

Z1747au.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20151019_141551177.jpg
    IMG_20151019_141551177.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 39

MZWilson

A Trad "What are you Wearing"

d0fd6e58e44fdd9acfec89127fa3e6b6.jpg

e59ec1dfc13ee3f5f4ad22bb4d6269da.jpg

bbcf0432c653ef62de6a0920977c37c0.jpg

First day for this coat this year. I could not be happier that fall is upon us.

Brooks jacket, shirt, and bow.
LL Bean pants
AE dalton boots

sskim3

I'm a college student so I apologize for the messy house and poor picture. I've also never contributed to this thread so feel free to let me have it.

Vintage 80/20 Bean Fisherman's sweater, (superior to the currently offered one in every way, IMO)
Bill's M2

Not pictured:
LL Bean Chino belt
Rancourt Beefrolls

Z1747au.jpg

Very nice sweater! Are those nantucket red pants? If it is, I have never seen them in fall but kudos to you buddy. What rules? :)

Also, I would definitely recommend in looking at better hats like a fedora or a cap.

YoungSoulRebel

Inactive user
It's been awhile.. Finally chilly enough for a Shetland.

Pendleton Shetland
Lean Garments Uni Stripe
Levi's 514
Uniqlo socks
Bean Blutchers
Timex Expedition with NATO strap

Oldsport

@ ReppTie - The Sweater is a Charles Tyrwhitt Cricket Sweater. It is a very thick, heavy all Cotton garment. I was just on the CT site yesterday and I believe they still have them on clearance for $49 with free shipping.

Thanks,

MC

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange