A Trad "What are you Wearing"

Kendallroberts88

Honestly, Triathlete, you had us going. I thought you were going to go full-on David Beckham from now on, or something. You look great today.

Here I am wearing an MTM grenadine from Chipp: I am very happy with the two I ordered, and wish I'd ordered more, as I think these will be very useful in my "Why are you wearing a suit jacket?" workplace. Samuelsohn blazer (I have no idea where you guys find sacks), Bill's British khaki, Brooks Bengal stripe shirt, Chipp tie, Finamore square, AE Jodox shoes.

Very well put together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2woln6a.jpg

A whole lot of good looks surfacing lately. I will add one of a weary looking OCBD.

Roycru

Thanks always to everyone who takes the time and trouble to post pictures of themselves.

Brooks Brothers (Marks & Sparks era) navy blue chalk stripe suit, blue PPBD shirt, and repp tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, and Allen-Edmonds for Brooks Brothers black Strands.......

12029623_10153646975493396_727682981829006188_o.jpg

YoungSoulRebel

Inactive user
Beautiful day for a hike:

Vintage Woolrich Woolen Mills 60/40
Brooks ecru ocbd
Cashmere "sweatshirt" my new favorite thing in the world
Timex Expidition with NATO strap
Uniquo selvage
Uniqlo socks
Clarke Chocolate suede wallabees (contentious I know haha)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
YSR, fantastic.

Way to combined lot of seemingly disparate items into a cohesive and attractive outfit with a good spark of personal style.

I love the vintage Woolrich and, as a kid growing up in the '70s, Wallabees have a permanent get-out-of-jail-free card form me (looking deep in my shallow soul, I'm not even sure if I like or dislike them as they are so wrapped up in that era's zeitgeist for me that I can't view them objectively).

It's hard to tell in the pic, is the cashmere sweatshirt from J.Crew? I ask as I have been eyeing theirs, but have been a bit reluctant to buy an expensive "sweatshirt," but your comments are encouraging me.

Edit addition: I always love the little peaks we get into your apartment, from the scattered books (many piles of those in FF's household), to the interesting wall posters and neat area rug - plus the general architecture of the apartment. It all says your sense of style doesn't stop with clothes. And our pre-war windows have the same screens as yours - take 'em in and out each time.

Last edited:

YoungSoulRebel

Inactive user
Thank you very much! The sweater is from Kirkland of all places! Thrifted it and it checked all the right boxes for me: raglan sleeves, V collar detail plus 100% cashmere to boot!
You're are always so kind and gracious when you remark on my outfits. Thanks again for being not only a gentleman but for supporting my (sometimes) oddball rigs haha!

FLMike

Connoisseur
Cross post from Fashion Forum.....

Getting ready for a wedding in Atlanta tonight. Black tie obviously. The rehearsal dinner was at the home of the couple to be married and it was a fabulous affair. I will tell you, the folks in Atlanta can dress. I was feeling like I need to up my game! Anyway, for the main event....

BB tux
PRL shirt
Robert Talbott tie and cummerbund
Peal for BB shoes
Tiffany links (had some sterling studs but they didn't want to stay in the button holes)

YoungSoulRebel

Inactive user
Nice braces! I love a little subversion with my formal wear.

Cross post from Fashion Forum.....

Getting ready for a wedding in Atlanta tonight. Black tie obviously. The rehearsal dinner was at the home of the couple to be married and it was a fabulous affair. I will tell you, the folks in Atlanta can dress. I was feeling like I need to up my game! Anyway, for the main event....

BB tux
PRL shirt
Robert Talbott tie and cummerbund
Peal for BB shoes
Tiffany links (had some sterling studs but they didn't want to stay in the button holes)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange