A Trad "What are you Wearing"

Roycru

Katniss and I......

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket and tie, L L Bean OCBD shirt, Jim Thompson pocket square, Orvis moleskin trousers, and Allen-Edmonds khaki grain McTavishes......

12036933_10153650456733396_3294504021721719862_n.jpg

adept

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
This looks so good...

Honestly, Triathlete, you had us going. I thought you were going to go full-on David Beckham from now on, or something. You look great today.

Here I am wearing an MTM grenadine from Chipp: I am very happy with the two I ordered, and wish I'd ordered more, as I think these will be very useful in my "Why are you wearing a suit jacket?" workplace. Samuelsohn blazer (I have no idea where you guys find sacks), Bill's British khaki, Brooks Bengal stripe shirt, Chipp tie, Finamore square, AE Jodox shoes.

SlideGuitarist

Elite Member
^^ That's very nice of you, adept; thanks! There's something pleasing, to me, about dark blue and green together. Apparently this is true for RogerP as well, since he's given me props every time I've sported this combination. I picked up the jacket on eBay for only $45, though it took me 6 weeks to track it down after the USPS mislaid it, but it was worth it, as it fits almost perfectly, pending sleeve alterations.

Big thanks to Paul Winston again for the grenadine. A grenadine tie is definitely a step up from a silk knit in terms of dressiness, but I think it could easily be sneaked into a casual ensemble.

adept

Green is my fave color. It is not easy to wear, though, as many around here have observed....but, it slays me...wear it when I can!

Pappa

Katniss and I......

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket and tie, L L Bean OCBD shirt, Jim Thompson pocket square, Orvis moleskin trousers, and Allen-Edmonds khaki grain McTavishes......

12036933_10153650456733396_3294504021721719862_n.jpg

Roycru, that is another rig that tell the Trad story perfectly!

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Things that make me feel old:
- I immediately noticed Royce's outfit
- I really like it - timeless elegance is the phrase that comes to mind
- I am out of touch with pop culture - is that a "Hunger Games" ad - I barely know what that's about?

Things that give me hope
- Roycru's outfit is my second favorite outfit in that picture (sorry Roycru, but she has a God-given advantage)
- I still recognize that red is an awesome color on women (maybe I'm not fading that fast)

sskim3

Wow there were some great rigs over the weekend. Here is my meager contribution to kick off the last week of October. It is brisk enough to layer up in NYC today (40s now but we'll see how the afternoon warms up).

57a7f5bc12ae8c4b6f0c1c597a53e285.jpg

Beaver Brand fedora
LE sports coat
Who.am.i sweater (a bargain at $10 a few years ago)
Uniqlo OCBD
Robert Talbott tie
JPress olive garbardine pants
AE shoes

davestradamus

Starting Member
Not sure if I fit the true definition of Trad, but here is what I am wearing on this Monday. Please excuse the mess in my shared work space.

Jacket: Vintage Unbranded Corduroy Blazer (kinda digging the huge lapels)
Shirt: Sonoma (Target brand I think)
Jeans: J Crew Matchstick
Shoes: Timberland Suede Bucks (I thought about tan desert boots also)
Scarf: Cashmere Made in Scotland
Glasses: Ray Ban New Wayfarer Tortoise
Watch: Momentum M1 Pro SE Diver's Watch
Pipe: VIntage Jobey with Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange