DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Dog days of Summer...high of 92 today necessitates linen and foregoing a neck tie.

Sport coat : BB via Southwick
Shirt: linen BB
Trousers: linen via Bill's Khakis
Loafers: C&J harvard II unlined (apologies for the bare ankles)
2020-08-03 14.31.39-min.jpg
2020-08-03 13.52.51-min.jpg
2020-08-03 13.51.23-min.jpg
2020-08-03 13.51.42-min.jpg

DCR

Very nice outfit - it all looks good together. What kinda material is the sport coat?
Thanks, even though I bought it new and it has all the usual tags, UNITE etc. I can't find one with the fabric content. It has a very smooth hand though. It doesn't wrinkle so I'm guessing a wool/silk blend

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Thanks, even though I bought it new and it has all the usual tags, UNITE etc. I can't find one with the fabric content. It has a very smooth hand though. It doesn't wrinkle so I'm guessing a wool/silk blend
Thank you.

Looking at it on an old laptop, I thought wool-cotton, but wool-silk makes sense too and you, of course, are seeing and touching it IRL.

Whatever it is - I really like it. Looks like a wonderful all-purpose warm-weather sport coat.

DCR

Thank you.

Looking at it on an old laptop, I thought wool-cotton, but wool-silk makes sense too and you, of course, are seeing and touching it IRL.

Whatever it is - I really like it. Looks like a wonderful all-purpose warm-weather sport coat.
wool-cotton was my second guess and upon further reflection, I think you are correct.

DCR

I wore this outfit to a client event at Newport Polo two years ago and one of my compatriots told me I looked like a fixer for the Kennedys...

Sportcoat: J.Crew Italian cotton (its not stained, that's the mirror)
Shirt: BB
Tie: vintage Rooster cotton madras
Trousers: Bill's Khakis seersucker
Bucks: AE Nomads
2020-08-04 12.29.46-min.jpg
2020-08-04 12.27.09-min.jpg
2020-08-04 12.26.55-min.jpg

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I wore this outfit to a client event at Newport Polo two years ago and one of my compatriots told me I looked like a fixer for the Kennedys...

Sportcoat: J.Crew Italian cotton (its not stained, that's the mirror)
Tie: vintage Rooster cotton madras
Trousers: Bill's Khakis seersucker
Bucks: AE Nomads View attachment 47888 View attachment 47889 View attachment 47890
Fantastic, one of my favorites of yours. Excellent from the collar role down to the bucks. Well done.

DCR

A bit more international in today's rig.

Sportcoat: BB mi-Italy (apologies again for the dreadful bathroom mirror at work)
Tie: Burberry
Trousers: Santorelli mi-Italy
Loafers: SAS 40th anniversary
2020-08-06 13.21.12-min.jpg
2020-08-06 12.23.50-min.jpg
2020-08-06 14.02.42-min.jpg
2020-08-06 12.24.18-min.jpg

edited to add, the coat is a 2005 piece from ebay in a silk,wool,linen blend herringbone pattern. Has all the usual trad details: 3/2 roll, sack cut with patch and flap pockets and a center vent. Amazing how quickly BB veered off course.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
A bit more international in today's rig.

Sportcoat: BB mi-Italy (apologies again for the dreadful bathroom mirror at work)
Tie: Burberry
Trousers: Santorelli mi-Italy
Loafers: SAS 40th anniversary
View attachment 47994 View attachment 47995 View attachment 47996 View attachment 47997

edited to add, the coat is a 2005 piece from ebay in a silk,wool,linen blend herringbone pattern. Has all the usual trad details: 3/2 roll, sack cut with patch and flap pockets and a center vent. Amazing how quickly BB veered off course.
Another outstanding rig. I love the sport coat and its herringbone pattern. Is its color in the blue family? It looks that way on my aging laptop.

I ask because @delicious_scent (in the Tweed thread) has been considering a blue herringbone overcoat and I think this - if it has a blue hue - could be a good example of a pattern, scale and color (not weight) that would work as an overcoat.

I like your engine-turned tie-bar, it's a nice touch.

DCR

Another outstanding rig. I love the sport coat and its herringbone pattern. Is its color in the blue family? It looks that way on my aging laptop.

I ask because @delicious_scent (in the Tweed thread) has been considering a blue herringbone overcoat and I think this - if it has a blue hue - could be a good example of a pattern, scale and color (not weight) that would work as an overcoat.

I like your engine-turned tie-bar, it's a nice touch.
Thank you. Yes it's navy. The tie-bar is a recent acquisition from Brooks Bros during one of their never-ending clearances. I had it monogrammed by them as well. I appreciate that it's made in the USA.

DCR

Back from Vaca to some lingering hot weather which gives me the opportunity to wear my newly acquired madras sport shirt.

Shirt and facemask: BB
Trousers: Hertling via Andover Shop (Gene fit)
Belt: AE
Loafers: C&J Harvard II

IMG_20200824_144159-min.jpg
IMG_20200824_144317-min.jpg
IMG_20200824_144259-min.jpg

Bonus pic outside a bar/restaurant in York Beach, ME that I found amusing
IMG_20200818_170654-min.jpg

DCR

Substantially cooler weather allows for my first suit wearing of the summer. This suit was my first attempt at recreating the venerable no.1 sack suit by taking advantage of Southwicks MTO program. Although shown in two piece configuration I do have a matching waistcoat with lapels. Fabric is a navy self stripe with a herringbone pattern S110s by VBC. Nothing overly fancy more of a workhorse material.

Suit: Southwick MTO Douglas Jacket and matching flat front trousers
Shirt & Tie: BB
Braces: Chipp
Hose: Pantherella
Shoes: AE Strawfut
IMG_20200827_153752-min.jpg
IMG_20200827_153107-min.jpg
IMG_20200827_155650-min.jpg

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Substantially cooler weather allows for my first suit wearing of the summer. This suit was my first attempt at recreating the venerable no.1 sack suit by taking advantage of Southwicks MTO program. Although shown in two piece configuration I do have a matching waistcoat with lapels. Fabric is a navy self stripe with a herringbone pattern S110s by VBC. Nothing overly fancy more of a workhorse material.

Suit: Southwick MTO Douglas Jacket and matching flat front trousers
Shirt & Tie: BB
Braces: Chipp
Hose: Pantherella
Shoes: AE Strawfut View attachment 48699 View attachment 48700 View attachment 48701
Very nice, handsome sack and very classic overall outfit with the shoes adding some piquancy.

Just a thought, as I like to do it, but have you ever considered a collar pin with that collar as I find for rounded collars the pin creates a really nice traditional look?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.