DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Very nice, handsome sack and very classic overall outfit with the shoes adding some piquancy.

Just a thought, as I like to do it, but have you ever considered a collar pin with that collar as I find for rounded collars the pin creates a really nice traditional look?
Thanks, I hadn't considered one but I do agree it does make for a nice look. Anyplace you recommend I look for a pin?

TKI67

I take no exception to the comfort of bare feet, untucked shirts, or even Tee shirts. These are unprecedented times, and truly hot weather demands doing what you can to minimize the misery and amplify the simple pleasure of comfort. No shoes, an extremely soft blood bank Tee shirt, Patagonia 7" stand-ups, and an iced coffee here! It isn't as if there could be a surprise inspection!

TKI67

Please tell us you are wearing shorts under that wonderful apron! ;) LOL.
Patagonia 7" stand ups in Pelican. Perhaps the definitive comfortable khaki summer shorts, at least for me. They were worn with a navy surcingle from O'Connell's, an ancient, wrinkled Brooks Brothers OCBD (my last one), and Eyebobs topless readers. The tasteful striped apron is Sur La Table butcher stripe in navy. The chiles are peeled, bagged, and frozen. I am looking forward now to a winter green chile cheeseburger.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
New combination today that I think turned out nicely. Probably my last chance at wearing the bucks this season.

Jacket: J.Crew
Shirt & Tie: BB
Trousers: Bill's seersucker
Bucks: AE Nomads
View attachment 48912 View attachment 48913 View attachment 48914
I like it a lot. All the trad elements are there, but you played around with them in a good way - well done.

In my fantasy sartorial world, grey wool trousers return to their traditional role as both a dress and casual trouser and white bucks are worn year round as in Ivy's heyday with suits, dress trousers, etc.

Back here on earth, I continue to wear my pandemic WFH outfit of summer-weight chinos and a T-shirt. I have never used less of my wardrobe than this summer.

DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I like it a lot. All the trad elements are there, but you played around with them in a good way - well done.

In my fantasy sartorial world, grey wool trousers return to their traditional role as both a dress and casual trouser and white bucks are worn year round as in Ivy's heyday with suits, dress trousers, etc.

Thanks FF. Interesting point about the bucks being worn year round in the Glory days. I had forgotten that, perhaps I won't consign them to their box quite yet.

drpeter

Back here on earth, I continue to wear my pandemic WFH outfit of summer-weight chinos and a T-shirt. I have never used less of my wardrobe than this summer.
I wear grey flannel slacks and trousers all year round, except on hot days in the summer. But I do not have white bucks, I've never felt particularly attracted to them. I have a variety of loafers and slipons for casual wear, and the work horse in all weather except winter is my Birkenstocks.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Thanks FF. Interesting point about the bucks being worn year round in the Glory days. I had forgotten that, perhaps I won't consign them to their box quite yet.
And from a mid-'30s "Esquire" magazine. Note it's fall and the gentleman to the far right is wearing, what looks like, a brown Tweed suit with white bucks.
Esq103503.jpg

drpeter

And from a mid-'30s "Esquire" magazine. Note it's fall and the gentleman to the far right is wearing, what looks like, a brown Tweed suit with white bucks.
View attachment 48987
Ah, a Fellows drawing! His signature is shortened, just FELL in this drawing, which I don't recollect seeing. Unless of course it is a different artist altogether. I love Fellows' art, and it's good to see it pop up here on our forum now and then. Some time ago, I bought that book with a collection of his drawings and I do look at them from time to time.

Also, regarding Esquire, I had been borrowing bound volumes of the magazine now and then from my university's library for the last couple of years, just to look at the old adverts and also to read some of the articles and stories. A lovely treat! The library has a complete collection from Vol 1 onward. I have been focusing on the 1950s and 1960s, but may go back to an earlier period.

My borrowing was cut short when the lockdown hit, and the library was completely shut down from March-April until August 10th, when they opened it to university students, faculty and staff -- but alas, not to the general public. Unfortunate, because I firmly believe that a state university should be very open to the public in general, and in the past, I have tried to foster more interactions between town and gown on my campus and in my city. Ah well, the virus is playing havoc with many things.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.