Fading Fast

Connoisseur
When my wife descended the stairs she had spruced up quite nicely. Pretending life is normal I dressed for online church. O'Connell's jacket, worsteds, and unfused OCBD with a Chipp challis tie. No idea why it shows up sideways (assuming it still does). View attachment 50467
Wonderful outfit, beautiful home and dogs (I love those guys).

In case it helps, I've found that when the "sideways" thing happens to my pics, if I first adjust the size of the pic down (usually 25% works, but you have to play around with it), it usually, then, posts right side up.

Andrew Christopher

Starting Member
View attachment 50474 When my wife descended the stairs she had spruced up quite nicely. Pretending life is normal I dressed for online church. O'Connell's jacket, worsteds, and unfused OCBD with a Chipp challis tie. No idea why it shows up sideways (assuming it still does).

PS, with credit and thanks to Fading Fast, I believe I fixed the photo.
Very nice.
I wasn’t going to get dressed up today, but then your post inspired me.
9F0C85C7-60C1-4955-B264-B261F6BC7CC0.jpeg

Shirt is BB OCBD with a Robert Talbott wool/silk tie and an old BB tweed.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
View attachment 50598
Working from home, today, but why not wear a coat and tie anyway.
Shirt is a JPress OCBD. Tie is BB. Coat is PoloRL (a bit more English country than trad, but I like it). Chinos are BB.
I like your rig for the day...the jacket, the shirt and the tie are perfect and I do so love BB's Clarke's Advantage Chinos. However, for some odd reason, when wearing one of my tweed jackets, I prefer pairing it with a pair of perhaps khaki hued wool gaberdines. When wearing one of my navy blazers or cotton-poplin sports jackets I will pair them with chinos, without giving it a second thought. Just an idiosyncrasy of mine, perhaps!

Andrew Christopher

Starting Member
I like your rig for the day...the jacket, the shirt and the tie are perfect and I do so love BB's Clarke's Advantage Chinos. However, for some odd reason, when wearing one of my tweed jackets, I prefer pairing it with a pair of perhaps khaki hued wool gaberdines. When wearing one of my navy blazers or cotton-poplin sports jackets I will pair them with chinos, without giving it a second thought. Just an idiosyncrasy of mine, perhaps!
Thanks.

I'm mostly the opposite. I usually prefer to pair chinos with tweed during the fall and winter, and I save the blazer for my wool trousers and flannels.

I don't own a pair of khaki hued gaberdines. Plenty of grays and darker browns, though. Maybe I should add a pair to my wish list.

August West

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
when wearing one of my tweed jackets, I prefer pairing it with a pair of perhaps khaki hued wool gaberdines. When wearing one of my navy blazers or cotton-poplin sports jackets I will pair them with chinos, without giving it a second thought. Just an idiosyncrasy of mine, perhaps!
Eagle to my eye at least, gaberdine isn't the best pairing for a burly fabric like tweed. The two seem incongruous to me.

Flannels or khaki chinos likely work better in my opinion, as they're a more "substanative" material to complement the heft of tweed.

On the other hand, gabs and a navy blazer are a "can't lose" combo in this man's opinion.

TKI67

Loving the interchange on trouser and jacket pairings. With a winter blazer, flannels are always my pick. With a summer blazer tropical worsteds unless it is an informal occasion when Nantucket reds or khakis get the nod. For tweeds I like flannels or worsteds. I never really embraced gabardine the way others did. My loss.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Loving the interchange on trouser and jacket pairings. With a winter blazer, flannels are always my pick. With a summer blazer tropical worsteds unless it is an informal occasion when Nantucket reds or khakis get the nod. For tweeds I like flannels or worsteds. I never really embraced gabardine the way others did. My loss.
I bought one pair of gaberdine trousers thirty plus years ago and did not like their look or feel and have never owned anything gaberdine since. Others love it and that's cool - different strokes and all.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.