eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
No shooting, today, but I have decided to try something different. I wondered what would happen if I went ivy style, but replaced the chinos with a kilt. So,...

Up top; tattersall, FT tie, LLB jumper, and a J Press 3/2 roll HT SC. Pretty ivy, right?

down the bottom; replaced the chinos with an 8 yard Mackintosh hunting tartan kilt, khaki coloured shooting socks, and LLB boots. View attachment 51975
You are looking pretty darned sharp! However, may I ask about the 3R2 sack jacket you are wearing...was the jacket made specifically for wear with a kilt? I ask because the waist hem on the jacket looks to be significantly abbreviating the depth of the jackets pockets. :icon_scratch:;)

DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
For tonight's virtual company holiday party I brought out my traditional festive rig. Shame that I only get to wear this a few times a yr and now one of those times is via Zoom.

Jacket: e-thrifted vintage Pendleton
Shirt: BB
Tie: Sam Hober grenadine
Watch: Movado
Trousers: vintage Chaps miCanada
Hose: English maker via the Andover Shop
Shoes: AE McAllisters in Merlot
PXL_20201210_171706422-min.jpg
PXL_20201210_161506834-min.jpg
PXL_20201210_161709099-min.jpg
PXL_20201210_161653633-min.jpg
PXL_20201210_161541591-min.jpg
PXL_20201210_161531973-min.jpg

Flairball

For tonight's virtual company holiday party I brought out my traditional festive rig. Shame that I only get to wear this a few times a yr and now one of those times is via Zoom.

Jacket: e-thrifted vintage Pendleton
Tie: Sam Hober grenadine
Watch: Movado
Trousers: vintage Chaps miCanada
Hose: English maker via the Andover Shop
Shoes: AE McAllisters in Merlot
View attachment 52051 View attachment 52052 View attachment 52053 View attachment 52054 View attachment 52055 View attachment 52056
Very nice. That jacket is terrific.

never behind

Classic pieces, nicely done. I'm curious if you had the moleskins tailored at all (aside from hem)? The fit, particularly in the upper thigh appears slimmer than what I would expect from O'Connell's.
I had the waist and seat take in some but nothing in the upper thigh or leg. It is possible it’s the camera angle. It’s a full cut and same as my other O’Connell’s trousers. PM me if you’d like any measurements; I’d be more than happy to oblige.

DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Chilly today and with a client review this evening followed by Lodge later on I opted for a three piece. This suit is one of three I commissioned through Southwick's MTO program. My attempt to replicate the BB no.1 sack suit consists of a Douglas jacket, waistcoat with lapels and high rise, flat front and cuffed trousers with brace buttons and no belt loops. Fabric is a winter weight flannel navy chalk stripe.

Suit: Southwick
Tie: Sam Hober
Cufflinks: BB
Braces: Chipp
Hose: Andover shop (English)
Shoes: AE for BB Park Avenues
PXL_20201215_172838403-min.jpg
PXL_20201215_163617271-min.jpg
PXL_20201215_163648030-min.jpg
PXL_20201215_163714494-min.jpg

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Chilly today and with a client review this evening followed by Lodge later on I opted for a three piece. This suit is one of three I commissioned through Southwick's MTO program. My attempt to replicate the BB no.1 sack suit consists of a Douglas jacket, waistcoat with lapels and high rise, flat front and cuffed trousers with brace buttons and no belt loops. Fabric is a winter weight flannel navy chalk stripe.

View attachment 52237 View attachment 52238 View attachment 52239 View attachment 52240
Man is that a handsome suit. I love a heavy flannel and chalk strip is perfect for it. Nice MTM choice.

Flairball

View attachment 52237 View attachment 52238 View attachment 52239 View attachment 52240
Once again you are killing it. That suit looks comfy. Now that I have lost quite a bit of weight I am considering a double breasted chailk stripe suit. I think I owe myself a tweed suit, first, however.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange