A Trad "What are you Wearing"

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Should I stick to no pocket square? Or add a dark red or blue one?

View attachment 57384
View attachment 57385
View attachment 57386

I'm not a pocket square guy at all, so I think you look fine, but many others here really like pocket squares and will give you different advice. End of the day, try it with and without a pocket square and look at pics of sport coats with and without them and make a call for yourself. Separately, your pants look as if they are too tight on your legs - you need a wider cut would be my guess.

HBNTrader

I'm not a pocket square guy at all, so I think you look fine, but many others here really like pocket squares and will give you different advice. End of the day, try it with and without a pocket square and look at pics of sport coats with and without them and make a call for yourself. Separately, your pants look as if they are too tight on your legs - you need a wider cut would be my guess.

Thank you for the advice.

I think that rather than a wider cut, I need a stricter exercise program however...

DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Rainy and cool calls for tweed, flannel and suede

Jacket: BB
Shirt, Tie and Bar: BB
Trousers: Andover Shop
Hose: Byford
Shoes & Belt: AE
PXL_20210504_154812049.PORTRAIT-min.jpg
PXL_20210504_154942480.PORTRAIT-min.jpg
PXL_20210504_154954027-min.jpg
PXL_20210504_154925272-min.jpg

DCR

Today is the first outing of a tie I e-thrifted probably three years ago. I love the pattern and the ancient madder construction but struggled to find a agreeable fit to pair it with. I'll let the reader determine if I was successful.

Jacket; Nautica mi-USA
Shirt, Tie & Bar: BB
Trousers: BB Country Club
Shoes & Belt: AE
PXL_20210506_171421561.PORTRAIT-min.jpg
PXL_20210506_145525942.PORTRAIT-min.jpg
PXL_20210506_145625397.PORTRAIT-min.jpg
PXL_20210506_145614013.PORTRAIT-min.jpg

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
⇧ Beautiful tie (I have a very similar one from BB that must be twenty-years old). I think you pulled off the three-pattern combo perfectly. Looks great.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I have found that the argyle proportion has slowly been increasing in my sock drawer.

Under the influence of these forums, I did that for a few years, but as I age, I seem to be returning to my original standards...everything in my sock drawer is either solid black or navy hued. It minimizes the number of decisions to be made when dressing in the AM and it practicall eliminates any unintentional mix-ups! LOL. ;)

Vecchio Vespa

(aka TKI67)
Under the influence of these forums, I did that for a few years, but as I age, I seem to be returning to my original standards...everything in my sock drawer is either solid black or navy hued. It minimizes the number of decisions to be made when dressing in the AM and it practicall eliminates any unintentional mix-ups! LOL. ;)
And in our warm climate and my retirement, I rarely glance in the sock drawer anymore!

DCR

I've been waiting to post this newly acquired vintage suit. I lucked into this auction on ebay as I can rarely wear a nested suit due to having a larger than six inch drop. My tailor had to let out the waistcoat a bit but other than that and the trousers needing to be taking in an inch, it needed nothing else. So now I have a true no.1 sack suit and a Golden Fleece no less.

Suit: BB GF
Shirt & Tie: BB
Belt & Shoes: AE
PXL_20210511_183803316.PORTRAIT-min.jpg
PXL_20210511_184059039.PORTRAIT-min.jpg
PXL_20210511_184030328-min.jpg

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I've been waiting to post this newly acquired vintage suit. I lucked into this auction on ebay as I can rarely wear a nested suit due to having a larger than six inch drop. My tailor had to let out the waistcoat a bit but other than that and the trousers needing to be taking in an inch, it needed nothing else. So now I have a true no.1 sack suit and a Golden Fleece no less.

View attachment 57582 View attachment 57583 View attachment 57584

Great find. Wonderful suit - enjoy.

WatchmanJimG

Any idea of the vintage of the suit? What size is it?

never behind

I have to ask - are you guys finding these great BB sport coats now or are these pieces you all have purchased in the past? I can never find anything on their website, and I’m not sure if anything is there or my search skills are terrible. I feel like my only options for 3/2 rolls are J Press and O’Connell’s (not that those are bad, but my wallet complains).

never behind

What kind of collar is that on the shirt?

Great looking suit!

DCR

What kind of collar is that on the shirt?

Great looking suit!
It's referred to as a club collar shirt. Ideally it would also utilize a collar pin as our dear friend Fading Fast has noted however, I've yet to make that sartoral leap.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the suit I was extremely pleased to find it on eBay.

DCR

I have to ask - are you guys finding these great BB sport coats now or are these pieces you all have purchased in the past? I can never find anything on their website, and I’m not sure if anything is there or my search skills are terrible. I feel like my only options for 3/2 rolls are J Press and O’Connell’s (not that those are bad, but my wallet complains).

I have only one blazer purchased new from BB within the past six years or so with all the correct trade details and I think I still paid around $450 on significant sale. That piece is sadly no longer available as BB is a thing of the past as we knew it. However I've had great success on ebay searching for BB 3r2 tweeds etc as well as dead stock OCBDs. Creating a series of saved searches with specific trad key words should yield you good fruit

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.