Flairball

I really love that coat! will you please identify it and possibly post a full shot of it.
Hi Fred. The coat is made by Hoggs of Fife. The outer is a wool blend. Very tough, and warm. I don’t remember the name of that particular tweed, but I do know it has been discontinued by Hoggs. I’ll try to get you a good pic when I have a chance.

never behind

At home with no place to go but Christmas came early as a Shaggy Dog Shetland I got off eBay arrived today. My first one. Quite a bit different than the O’Connell’s/Bahle’s Shetlands I own. It does make me appreciate the numerical sizing of O’Connell’s. This one has some really long arms; thanks goodness for the turn back cuffs.

CCE3CA4D-5EE8-4F34-8A25-AECE7FEF8E53.jpeg

Dave

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Not the most trad ensemble, but I did at least want to show off the new Shetland and boots.

EFEE14B2-93B3-4FA0-B00F-C05984B5CD19.jpeg
1821E895-0336-40CD-953E-606311B6FD77.jpeg

Leather flight jacket: Cockpit USA
Shetland: J. Press Shaggy Dog
OCBD: Polo
Shotshell belt (not visible): Orvis
Jeans: Levi’s 501 (Cone Mills USA-made edition)
Boots: Lucchese Corbin

Last edited:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
ethrift -$20+ delivery. Fit’s perfect. I won’t tell you that it’s a size 40L.

View attachment 52879 View attachment 52880 View attachment 52881 View attachment 52882 View attachment 52883
I love it, beautiful sport coat and a great price. If you send it to me, I'll examine it more closely and then (fingers crossed off screen) send it back. Kidding aside, that's an outstanding classic - enjoy. Very jealous of the center hook vent. Thank you for posting the pics.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Not the most original outfit but because it's so close to what Ensiferous has been posting lately I couldn't help myself...

The wife, a Wolverine in hiding, really likes your maize and blue tie and I, a long ago Nittany Lion, will grudgingly admit that the tie works well with the navy blazer and those cords. Nicely done, sir! ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.