A Trad "What are you Wearing"

Mike B

Blazer - O'Connell's (OC Blazer)
Shirt - Ratio pinpoint
Pants - Land's End (LE Twill Dress Pants)
Tie - BB via Ebay
Shoes - AE Kenilworth via Ebay

_21_05_21 OC sports coat BB tie PC shirt LE trousers AE shoes IV.JPG

_21_05_21 OC sports coat BB tie PC shirt LE trousers AE shoes.JPG

_21_05_21 OC sports coat BB tie PC shirt LE trousers AE shoes II.JPG

_21_05_21 OC sports coat BB tie PC shirt LE trousers AE shoes III.JPG

DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Cooled off enough to finally wear a suit which is convenient since I have two meetings today. Today's shirt is one of two I just purchased that have 4% stretch. Not sure I love the hand of the fabric but holding off on making any presumptuous judgement till the end of the day.

Suit: BB GF
Shirt, Tie & Bar: BB
Shoes & Belt: AE
PXL_20210610_150033008.PORTRAIT-min.jpg
PXL_20210610_145244765.PORTRAIT-min.jpg
PXL_20210610_145237460.PORTRAIT-min.jpg

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Cooled off enough to finally wear a suit which is convenient since I have two meetings today. Today's shirt is one of two I just purchased that have 4% stretch. Not sure I love the hand of the fabric but holding off on making any presumptuous judgement till the end of the day.

View attachment 58795 View attachment 58796 View attachment 58797

Excellent, well done. Love the shirt and, and you probably knew this was coming, a collar pin would be a great ad for that style of collar. It would also be consistent with your overall look.

Below is Jack Lemmon in 1960's "The Apartment." The hat he's wearing is just a silly "movie" thing that fit the plot at that moment, but notice how nice the rounded collar looks when pinned.
jltaaaac.jpg

DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Thanks and yes I was waiting on your collar pin suggestion. If I hang on to these two shirts that will make three club collars in my collection so it may be worth investing in a pin at that point. I believe you had linked me to a silver one at some point in the past..

never behind

View attachment 58795 View attachment 58796 View attachment 58797
Nice rig today. I have to admit after a year of seeing you in a mask, I was surprised. “Hey look, a face!” :)

Patrick06790

Connoisseur
What with one thing and another I haven't been able to get over the cabin in NY. (Stupid work.)

So I've done the next best thing which is go up to the ancient farmhouse here in town. No electricity, outhouse, and like that.

I share it with my cousins. They get July, I get August. June is kind of up for grabs, but thus far they have been busy with family-type stuff so...

You'd think after the last year I'd be anxious for human contact again, but COVID-19 reinforced my hermit impulses.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^^
I fully agree with your unstated conclusion, we humans are frequently our own best company...and three can quickly become a crowd! Though I must say, I do greatly enjoy Mrs Eagles company! LOL. ;)

Vecchio Vespa

(aka TKI67)
Yes indeed, happy Fathers' Day! Also my mother would have been 105 today. I shall spare everyone photographic evidence that would assault their staid sensibilities, but I am wearing Nanny red shorts (tres baggy), my Leather Man brown hoof pick belt, a navy blue Orvis tee shirt with some sort of PNW First Nations sort of logo, and my Smathers & Branson flip flops with needlepointed American flags on top. Oh, and a navy blue Titleist golf cap when out walking the canine.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange