Status
Not open for further replies. To continue this discussion, please create a new thread.

RPV

Starting Member
J. Press 3/2 43R Flannel Navy Blazer

See link below for further information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duvel

Connoisseur
RPV, I'm not sure you're supposed to do that. I think there's a distinct ebay thread for that kind of thing, but this is supposed to be an exchange thread in its own right, not a referral to your ebay sales.

TweedyDon

Connoisseur
Price Drops on suits!

I have several beautiful suits to pass on today, including two gorgeous custom-made flannel suits, a wonderful and utterly British vintage suit from DAKS of Jermyn Street, H. Freeman, Southwick, and more!

As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost.

Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!

1) Current Burberry suit in charcoal with pinstriping.

A lovely everyday suit, this is a contemporary two button model cut from charcoal cloth with both solid and broken pinstriping. It is darted, half-canvassed and fully lined, and has a single centre vent. The trousers are pleated and cuffed. It was Made in the USA, and is in excellent condition.

Asking just $50, or offer.

Tagged 42L. Measurements:

Chest: 22 1/2
Sleeve: 25 1/8 (+ 1 1/2)
Shoulder: 19 1/4
Length: 32 5/8

Waist: 17 1/5
Inseam: 31 3/4 (+1) with 1 3/4 cuff.

2) Custom Made Flannel suit in dark navy.

This is absolutely beautiful! Cut from a beautifully luxurious flannel, this wonderful suit was custom made for one D. Linner (who, I believe, is a Minnesota attorney) by Judd Frost. It is fully canvassed and fully lined, and, while it is darted, the lapel is cut as a genuine 3/2. It has a single centre vent. The trousers are pleated and cuffed, and feature interior buttons for suspenders, as well as belt loops.

This is in absolutely excellent condition except for two small flaws: There is a single thread pull on the lapel, and there is a tiny mark on the front near the hem, which might or might not come out with dry cleaning (although it likely will.) Given these minor flaws, this is in Very Good condition, and hence is just

$50--a steal for a suit of this quality!

Measurements:

Chest: 23 1/8
Left sleeve: 26 1/8 (+1)
Right sleeve: 25 1/2 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 19 13/16
Length: 33

Waist: 20 3/4 (+1)
Inseam: 30 1/4 (1) with 1 1/2 cuff.

3) Custom Made Flannel suit in charcoal

This is absolutely beautiful! Cut from a beautifully luxurious flannel, this wonderful suit was custom made for one D. Linner (who, I believe, is a Minnesota attorney) by Judd Frost. It is fully canvassed and fully lined, and, while it is darted, the lapel is cut as a genuine 3/2. It has a single centre vent. The trousers are pleated and cuffed, and feature interior buttons for suspenders, as well as belt loops. It is in absolutely excellent condition.

Asking just $75, or offer.

Measurements:

Chest: 23
Left sleeve: 25 1/2 (+1 1/2)
Right sleeve: 26 (+1 1/4)
Shoulder: 20 1/4
Length: 33

Waist: 20 1/2 (+2)
Inseam: 29 7/8 (+1), with 1 1/2 cuff.

4) H. Freeman Nailhead suit.

A wonderful suit in a lovely and increasingly rare nailhead pattern, this is a contemporary two button suit with subtle darting. It is fully canvassed, and fully lined, and was, of course, Made in the USA. The trousers are pleated and have cuffs; they also have interior buttons for suspenders, as well as belt looks. This is in excellent condition except for a very small brown dot on one cuff, as shown.

Asking just $50, or offer.

Hand tagged 46R, this measures:

Chest: 23 1/8
Sleeve: 26 1/2 (+ 1 1/2)
Shoulder: 19 1/2
Length: 32 3/4

Waist: 20 1/2 (+2)
Inseam: 30 1/2 (+1 1/2), with 1 1/2 cuff.

5) Southwick 3/2 sack suit in charcoal with striping

This is an absolutely classic suit! Cut as a 3/2 sack in charcoal wool cloth with subtle pinstriping in red and blue, this is half-canvassed and half-lined. It has a single center vent and two button cuffs. The trousers are flat-front and cuffed. It was, of course, Made in the USA. It has two minor issues; a very small snag hole on one sleeve near the cuff, and a single thread pull on the lapel, by the button--both shown. Given these minor flaws this is in Very Good condition, and hence is

just $45, or offer.

Measurements:

Sleeve: 24 1/2 (+2)
Shoulder: 18 3/4
Length: 31 1/4

Waist: 20 3/4 (+1)
Inseam: 27 7/8 (+ 1) with 1 1/2 cuff.

7) STUNNING Suit by DAKS of Jermyn Street. Made in Great Britain!

This is absolutely wonderful! Cut from utterly sturdy and heavyweight British cloth, this is a beautiful example of British tailoring aimed at the upper-middle class of civil servants and distinguished barristers. A classic navy with bold pinstriping, this has the traditional British three button front, military silhouette, and twin vent., It was made by DAKS when they were located on Jermyn Street, and is fully canvassed and fully lined in DAKS signature lining. The trousers are pleated, and cuffed, and have belt loops.

This is a truly wonderful suit! It has one small flaw--a very small snag hole by the underside of one of the cuffs--but otherwise this is in absolutely excellent condition. This is some serious tailoring!

Asking just $75, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Tagged 44R, this measures:

Sleeve: 25 1/4 (+1 1/2)
Length: 31 1/4

Waist: 20 1/8 (+0)
Inseam: 29 1/2 (+1), with 1 1/2 cuff.

8) MADE IN THE USA Contemporary Three Piece Tweed Suit

This is lovely! Union Made in the USA, this is a lighter-weight tweeds, and so is more suited to today's office environment. Cut from a lovely autumnal cloth, the jacket is a contemporary two button model with subtle darting. This appears to be half-canvassed and is fully lined. It is unvented, in Flusser-approved style, and has four button cuffs.

The vest/waistcoat has a functional adjuster at the back, and lapels. It features four fully functional pockets. The trousers are pleated and cuffed.

This suit was Made in the USA, and is in excellent condition.

Asking just $45, or offer.

Tagged 42R, this measures
:

Chest: 22
Sleeve: 23 1/2 (+1 1/2)
Length:30 1/2

Waist: 16 15/16
Inseam: 28 1/4 (+1 1/2) with 1 1/4" cuff.

Vest length: 26 1/2
Vest width: 20 1/2

9) THE CLASSIC IVY SUMMER SUIT! 3/2 sack in lightweight wool.

This is THE classic Ivy Summer suit--a 3/2 sack in light olive! Union Made in the USA by Jos. A. Banks back when it was good, and rivaled Brooks (this is, after all, a "Red Label" Banks, NOT a "Black Label" Banks!), this is the classic summer suit in a desirable size. A classic 3/2 sack in the classic colour of light olive, this is half-canvassed and half-lined. It has a lovely lapel roll, and the classic two-button cuffs. Although there is no fabric content listed, I believe that this is cut from lightweight tropical wool. The trousers are flat-front and cuffed. This is in excellent condition, except for two minor flaws: The interior locker loop is missing on the jacket, and the trousers have a VERY tiny snaghole... somewhere. I noted that it was there when photographing, but now can't I find it--which shows how small it is!

Asking just $30 for this Ivy classic!

Measurements:

Chest: 21
Sleeve: 23 1/2 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 18
Length: 29

Waist: 17 1/2
Inseam: 27 (+2) with 1 3/4 cuff.

10) CLASSIC Ivy 3/2 sack by OLD SCHOOL JAB

This is lovely, and NOT to be confused with the quality of JAB's current offerings! Cut as a traditional 3/2 sack in a classic dark navy pinstripe, this lovely suit is half-canvassed and half-lined. It has a single centre vent, a lovely lapel roll, and two button cuffs. The quality of the tailoring easily rivals that of Brooks' old-style "346" line; this is by no means a recent JAB offering! The trousers are flat front and uncuffed. It was Union Made in the USA. This beautiful suit is in absolutely EXCELLENT condition; it might even be unworn.

Asking just $35, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Measurements:

Chest: 21
Sleeve: 23 3/4 (+1 3/4)
Length: 29

Waist: 17 7/8
Inseam: 26 1/2 (+1 1/2)

11) BEAUTIFUL H. Freeman 3/2 sack grey pinstripe suit.

Another beautiful suit by H. Freeman of Philadelphia! Made in the USA, this lovely 3/2 sack has a lovely lapel roll. It is cut from a classic grey cloth with cream pinstriping, with a regular interjection of a single thread of dark red to accent this. This is half-canvassed, and has a single centre vent. It features two button cuffs and is half-lined. The trousers are flay front. This suit is in absolutely excellent condition!

Asking just $30, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Tagged a 44L, this measures
:

Chest: 22
Sleeve: 25 (+2 1/4)
Shoulder: 18 1/2
Length: 30 1/4

Inseam: 25 1/4 (+2 3/4)
Waist: 18 3.4

Last edited:

conductor

44R Brooks Brothers Vest

I bought this on the exchange a month or so ago. I really really like it. I wanted it to fit sooooo bad. So I sprang for the 44R when I KNOW I need a 44L.

CLAIMED CLAIMED It had tags on when I got it, I have worn it three times. Conus shipping included.

Since I can never figure out how to measure vests:

Last edited:

CMDC

Honors Member
DROPS...

Two great tweed sacks for the 38/39/40S...

JPress grey with windowpane 3/2 tweed sack. This is in like new condition--perhaps unworn.
Tagged 40S
Hook vent

Pit to Pit: 21
Shoulder: 19
Length BoC: 29.5
Sleeve: 23 +2

$68 conus

Next up is an amazing vintage Cricketeer 3/2 tweed sack. This has minimal wear, especially for a vintage piece. No real signs of much usage.
Hook vent

Pit to Pit: 20.5
Length: 29.5
Sleeve: 23.5 +2

$40 conus

$100 conus for both.

CMDC

Honors Member
DROPS...

This week's offerings...

Polo Ralph Lauren black leather jacket. Excellent condition--no scuffing to the leather. Soft, supple leather.
Size S (may work for a smaller M so check measurements)

Pit to Pit: 21
Length: 26.5
Sleeve: 33

$68 conus

Brooks Brothers multi-blue mini-houndstooth sportcoat
Silk/Linen/Wool blend
2 button, darted
Made in Italy

Pit to Pit: 23
Shoulder: 20
Length BoC: 32.5
Sleeve: 26

$42 conus

Samuelsohn chocolate brown corduroy trousers
These are more of a "dress corduroy." They are cut more like a traditional dress trouser and have more softness than casual cords that are more stiff.
Pleated and cuffed

38 waist; 32.5 inseam

$34 conus

LLBean dark green lambswool sweater vest
Made in Scotland
Size L

Pit to Pit: 23
Length: 26

$27 conus

Blauer khaki jacket. This is essentially the same as a "drizzler" jacket--lightweight cotton/poly blend; no lining
Unworn condition
Made in USA
Tagged 44R

Pit to Pit: 24.5
Length: 25.5
Sleeve: 36

$32 conus

Brooks Brothers Irish Linen button down, long sleeve sport shirt
Size L

$20 conus

Orvis long sleeve button down sport shirt--like new condition
Size L

$19 conus

Brooks Brothers spread collar dress shirt
Made in USA
16 x 34

$19 conus

Jack Spade spread collar dress shirt
16 x 36

$18 conus

Zegna spread collar dress shirt
18 x 32.5

$20 conus

Brooks Brothers 346 grey gingham button down sport shirt
Size M Slim Fit

$19 conus

Gant long sleeve button down madras sport shirt
Size M

SOLD

Gant blue gingham long sleeve button down sport shirt
Size M

$19 conus

Gant long sleeve button down tartan sport shirt
Size M

$19 conus

Robert Talbott 3.75" width navy/gold repp $12 conus
Brooks Brothers 3.5" width navy/burgundy repp $12 conus
Holland and Sherry 3.75" width $15 conus

Steve Smith

Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Authentic Formal Full Dress Formal Shirt---Retail $225

Price includes US shipping in a Priority Mail box. The boxes these shirts come in are extra long and will not be included in the sale.

White Egyptian Cotton
Detachable Wing Collar
Studs to attach collar
Pique Bib Front and Cuffs
Correct Single Cuffs
Retail $225

From the box: Taken from Brooks Brothers' archives, this full dress shirt is appropriate for black or white tie occasions. We have chosen to use a detachable collar for this full dress shirt in order to maintain its formal character. To ensure an elegant and crisp facade, it features a highly starched placket with a side chest vent. The facade is further enhanced by a button tab at the bottom of the shirt, which allows the shirt to be secured to the trousers.

BB Golden Fleece Authentic Full Dress Shirt $75.

I have Brooks Brothers Makers Cummerbunds in another thread priced at $28. If you want a cummerbund to go with your Dress Shirt then you can buy the combination together for $100

Choose from the following sizes:
14.5-32SOLD
14.5-33
15.5-35 SOLD
16-35SOLD
16.5-33
16.5-34SOLD
17-34 SOLD
17.5-34SOLD
17.5-35
18-34SOLD
18-35
18-36
18-37

I have a few of these shirts without the detachable collar and collar studs. Those items can be bought separately. $46
16-34
16-36
16.5-34
17.5-33
17.5-37
18-35

Last edited:

TweedyDon

Connoisseur
Jackets and coats!

As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost.

Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!

Please PM with interest and offers!

1) CLASSIC LEATHER BIKER JACKET! Made in the USA; c. 36.

This is simply AWESOME--a classic leather biker jacket that's Made in the USA! There's little more to say about this jacket, except that it's in great condition with just the right amount of patina. All the zippers move beautifully fluidly, the quilted lining is completely intact, and there are no tears or repairs to the leather, or to the lining of any of the pockets. The epaulettes are fully functional, as are the collar snaps. The belt is intact, and the buckle is nice and hefty. As with all real biker jackets this has an action back for ease of movement while riding. The interior label is missing, but it is still tagged as being Made in the USA. There's some wear to the cuffs and to the edges of the leading seams, as shown--but you wouldn't want a band-box shiny biker jacket, would you? ;) There are also two VERY small white marks near the backstrip on the back, one small scuff in the middle of the shoulders at the back, and a pinprick in one epaulette, no doubt from its conversion to a One Star jacket at some point! ;) Overall, this is in Very Good condition.

Asking just $65, OR OFFER, boxed and shipped in the USA. International inquiries welcome, with Priority shipping at cost.

This is a smaller jacket, but recall that these are meant to be worn VERY tight! Measurements:

Chest: 18 1/2
Sleeve: c. 32 1/2 when measured like a shirt.
Shoulder: 18 1/4
Length: 21 1/2 (remembr, this is a biker jacket, designed to be worn just ABOVE the belt!)

2) Ralph Lauren Polo Field Jacket in Forest Green. XL.

This is lovely! Cut from a dark forest green cloth, this features a checked quilted lining for warmth. It has two deep bellows pockets at the front, which also feature side-entry handwarmer pockets. These are lined with the same checking as the main coat, and feature a double-flap system for security, similar to Barbour International Jackets. It has two side slash handwarmer pockets, also lined in the same check as the coat, and a fully functional throat latch. The cuffs are protected with leatherette trim; the collar is lined in the same material, as is the throat latch. This has two interior pockets. It has a zippered front closure, and also features a snap-front closure. The sleeves have functional adjusters that are secured by snaps.

The sole flaw is that the zipper pull is missing--it's currently replaced by a safety pin, but fixing this would be easy and cheap. Because of this, this is in Very Good condition.

Asking just $29, or offer.

Tagged XL, this measures:

Chest: 26
Sleeve: 23 3/4 (35 1/2 when measured like a shirt)
Shoulder: 21 1/8
Length: 31 1/2

3) BEAUTIFUL Tweed Overcoat in autumnal Glen Plaid!

This is absolutely beautiful! Half-canvassed and fully lined, this lovely double-breasted overcoat is cut from a wonderful Glken Plaid tweed that's a medly of autumnal brackens, chestnuts, and barks, with a lovely overcheck in Royal Blue. This coat has two deep slash pockets at the sides, turned-back sleeve cuffs, and a single centre vent. It was, of course, Union Made in the USA, and has raglan sleeves. It is in excellent condition--except for some minor lining issues, namely some fraying in the back by the right-hand shoulder, and two small rips by the hem on the left. All of these can be easily repaired, of course, by any dry-cleaner. However, given these this lovely coat is just

$40, boxed and shipped in the USA, or offer!

Measurements:

Chest: 21 3/4
Sleeve: c.34 (measured like a shirt owing to raglan sleeves)
Shoulder: NA. (Raglan sleeves!)
Length: 37 1/2.

Woofa

Okay, so this is my first posting. I am working with a reseller for most of my stuff but I have some items I want to post directly. Please understand that I have never done this before so I apologize if I don't get it perfect.

This post is for three damaged ties. I thrifted them early before I knew better and am looking to give them away for the price of shipping and the cost of one of the small padded envelopes.
I am hoping to get these to a good home as they were great ties at one time and maybe can still be used.

THE TWO HERMES ARE SOLD - OR MAYBE I SHOULD SAY GIVEN AWAY - RT IS STILL AVAILABLE

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
The first is an older Robert Talbott Best of Class with damaged bottom as seen here:

[/URL][/IMG]

The next two are Hermes with wear and some stains:

[/URL][/IMG]
And
[/URL][/IMG]
Please PM me with questions.

Last edited:

vpkozel

A couple of very nice trad items for your review today. I am also open to trade on any items that I ever list here.

Please PM with offers or questions.

Corbin 3/2 Sack

Asking $60 or offer

Corbin 3/2 Sack gray glen plaid suit with burgundy windowpane - made in USA with the awesome Corbin soft shoulders

Really nice suit from the Campus Corner in Amherst (I have to assume MA). The material is medium/heavy weight flannel and absolutely awesome. I would describe this as a suit you wear 2 1/2 or 3 season suit, depending on where you live.

The only reason that I am not making this part of my rotation is that the pants are flat front.

Measurements:

Pants - Flat Front and Cuffed
Waist - 33 with 2 1/2 to let
Inseam - 30
Outseam - 40

Jacket
S2S - 18 3/4
P2P - 21 1/2
BOC - 30 1/2
SLV - 24 1/2

Patch Pocket Harris Tweed from Middishade

Asking $25 or offer

I have never heard of this maker - perhaps someone else has, but this is a nice, heavy grey herringbone Harris. Patch pockets too! Really nice SC, but it is just too long for me.

Measurements:
S2S - 18 3/4
P2P - 22
BOC - 31
SLV - 26

Plaid SC from LaMar Clothes

Asking $20 or offer

I have not heard of this maker either, but the pattern and colors on this jacket are very pleasing to the eye. Would be a nice addition to any winter wardrobe. No fabric tags, but almost certainly wool.

Measurements:
S2S - 18
P2P - 21
BOC - 28 1/2
SLV - 23 1/4

Last edited:

CMDC

Honors Member
I was at the Lands End Outlet when visiting my parents last weekend and this gem turned up. No idea how long this was bouncing around the Lands End warehouse network, given it has been ages since their Shetlands were made in Scotland. I don't really need it so I thought I'd offer it up. The only issue is that the size label is cut.

New with tags blue Lands End Shetland sweater
V-Neck
Made in Scotland

Size M
Pit to Pit: 22
Length: 28.5
Sleeve: 36

$46 conus

ArtVandalay

Sadly I've decided to depart with this beautiful tweed. It's just a little too big for me at this point and I haven't worn it all season, so it's time to go.

42L Brooks Brothers Brookstweed 3/2 sack
Charcoal herringbone tweed, fully lined. In fantastic condition.
Shoulders 18.25"
Pit to Pit 22.25"
Waist 21"
Sleeves 25.5"
Length BOC 32"

Asking $65 > 45

Vintage LLB Norwegian Birdseye Sweater - navy/white, size medium. In good condition.
22" pit to pit
25" shoulder to bottom hem
34.5" sleeves

Asking $50 > 36

Status
Not open for further replies. To continue this discussion, please create a new thread.