Status
Not open for further replies. To continue this discussion, please create a new thread.

jfkemd

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Price Reduction

Church's Tassel Loafers.
Very good condition.
Some scuff marks noticed on very close inspection, but not noticeable.
Size is 9.5 C, but would work for someone who wears a 9.5 D as well.
The heels and soles are in very good condition. No thinning and still has lots of wear left in them.
$50 shipped CONUS.

plupy

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Amazing DEMOCRATIC PARTY Donkey Mascot Motif tie from SULKA
Navy blue with extra large donkeys waving the flag by the tail. Tagged all silk (rare for motifs) and very well made for the late great Sulka. 3 7/8" wide - 1980s vintage? EX overall condition with no stains, wear Slight memory to knot. Red marker ink on keeper - maybe was a sale or close-out item? $24 including shipping to US -- add $2 for overseas shipping. Paypal F&F or other methods. Thanks!
PS: Fun article about Sulka here: https://observer.com/2002/02/how-i-lost-my-haberdasher/https://s1302.photobucket.com/user/...df4a5acb21240718d9dc0f5b_zpsfa6539eb.jpg.html

Last edited:

Reuben

Honors Member
Spring cleaning: 36x30 critter cords and 10D boots

Little bit of spring cleaning here. First up are the JCP boots that got so much press earlier in the season and their lesser-known cousins in black.

The Dappered review here does a much better job of selling them than I ever could, but in short they're fantastic quality for their price, around ~$50-60 plus tax and shipping. Very light, comfortable rubber sole that doesn't look excessively casual, and unlike most cheaper shoes, actual full-grain leather that will look better as it ages. In the dappered review you'll see an earlier version of the brown boot that's been worn fairly regularly for two years and still has a good bit of life left. I'm getting rid of these because I've got too many shoes in each color and I need to do a cull. I've worn the brown deacons 12-18 times over the past fall and winter, the black gunners a grand total of twice. I've done a couple minor alterations to both pairs: I've replaced the cheap original laces in both with nicer versions from Allen Edmonds and given each a coat of neutral wax to help keep the water off. Furthermore, in the deacon I've added a pair of felt pads to fill out the shaft a bit as it was a little loose. They're each a size 10 D and I'd say run true to size, though 10.5's might work just fine if they don't wear incredibly thick socks. Originally I paid about $55 each plus taxes and shipping and another ~$3 for each pair of laces. I'd prefer to move them as a set, so let's say $65 shipped for both? I'll even throw in a pair of shoe trees. Otherwise, $45 for the brown Deacons and $35 for the black Gunners I'm fairly firm on the prices since they can go back in my closet as nasty weather beaters, but feel free to shoot me an offer or a trade.

Second up, two pair of canine critter cords:

Both made in china, both flat front and plain hemmed, both 36x30 (ok, so the Orvis is 30.25) with an 11" rise, fairly traditionally cut and neither too baggy nor too tight, both 85/15 cotton poly, though I honestly can't tell. The brown BB cords are 8-wale and feature a black scottie with grey accents in a red scarf and have no room at the waist or inseam, the green Orvis cords are 10-wale with yellow labs embroidered in a single color and has a safe 2" at the waist and inseam, possibly up to 3" if you push it to the max. I'm moving these along because I find I don't really wear them all that often. I've gotten to the point where I want to start upgrading my GTH wardrobe by replacing the weaker links instead of just expanding it. $35 each or $60 for the pair and I'll throw in your choice of plain chocolate cords in a 38x30 or a pair of 35x30 chinos. Again, fairly firm on price since I won't be too terribly upset to send them back into my closet, but I'll at least listen to offers or trades. And while I feel the prices listed represent excellent bargains in the full spirit of the exchange, don't be afraid to tell me if you disagree.

For trades, I'm a 35 or 36-30 pant (with a decent rise and room in the thighs), 17-35 to 16.5-36 shirt (slim fit to traditional fit, no ESF), 43-44L jacket, ~10D shoe, and a medium-large sweater. In the market for solid shetland crewnecks, basic solid and uni-striped OCBDs, solid shorts, chinos, and sweatervests. :cofee:

Oh, and if you want all 4 I could do $120 for the lot, plus I'll find something else cool to toss in top of the shoe trees and the extra pants.

a4audi08

Also if anyone is in the chicago area, i have literally hundreds of ties. for the sake of my own sanity i need to start cutting back. maybe a meet up of fellow AAACers to trade/buy/sell? if interested let me know via PM.

TweedyDon

Connoisseur
MUSEUM QUALITY Cravat/Stock/Ascot by of J.C. d'Ahetze of 250 Rue Rivoli, Paris. D'Ahetze's ties are in the Metropolitan Museum of Art; feted by Vogue in 1931!

THIS IS GORGEOUS! From one of the best-known Parisian men's stores on the 1930s - 1960s, J.C. d'Ahetze, this beautiful silk cravat/stock is cut from exquisite silk, and is in a wonderful and versatile subdued paisley. It was Made in France--and one would expect from d'Ahetze.

While the likes of Charvet, Sulka, and Hermes are still well-known, d'Ahetze is, perhaps, less familiar--although this wasn't always the case. In the 1930s it was THE place to go in Paris for accessories, especially if one liked them on the whimsical side. To quote from Vogue of July 15th, 1931:

"The best-known men’s shops in Paris are Charvet, in the Place Vendôme, Doucet, in the rue de la Paix, Boivin and Sulka in the rue de Castiglione, HIlditch and Key in the rue de Rivoli, d’Ahetze in the Arcades des Champs-Élysées, and Knizé et Cie in the Avenue des Champs-Élysées.... (d'Ahetze is ) "an amusing and very modern shop full of novelties. There are shirts with ties attached, novel bathing-suits, a great selection of washable ties, and materials to be made up into shirts, pyjamas, and dressing-gowns. This shop has a great deal of character, and the models are unlike those found anywhere else."

This cravat comes from d'Ahetze store on the Rue Rivoli, better known for jewelers such as Cartier, and so likely dates from the 1960s--an exciting time in d'Ahetze's history, since they were then collabotaing with artists such as Picasso to produce exclusive ties, many of which are now in the possession of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York; a link to some can be found here:

https://www.metmuseum.org/collection/the-collection-online/search?ft=d'ahetze

This cravat is in excellent condition, with the only flaw being some aging to the label; inevitable no matter how carefully care is taken. This is an exceptionally rare item, and your chance to own a piece of wearable history!

Asking just $18, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

TweedyDon

Connoisseur
Shoes--including Alden Shell Tassel Loafers!

As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE US; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost.

Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!

Please PM with interest and offers![/B]

1) Allen Edmonds Paxton Penny Loafers. In Very Good/Excellent condition. Size 9.5B. $35 > 30

2) Alden of New England shell cordovan tassel loafers. Very Good condition; some minor whitening at the edges, as shown, which will likely vanish with their first polish. Size 9 A.C Just $85 > 75

3) Peal & Co for Brooks Brothers brogued loafers. Excellent condition. Made in England. Size 9.5D. Asking just $60 > 50

4) Peal & Co. captoes for Brooks Brothers. Excellent condition. Size 9 1/2 C. Asking $65 > 55

5) Allen Edmonds "Richmond" wingtips. Size 12 B. Small area of wear by the edge at the base, as shown; Good/Very Good condition. Asking just $35 > 30

6) Brooks Brothers penny loafers. In excellent condition. Size 12A. Asking just $35> 30

7) Florsheim Shell Cordovan wingtips. These are wonderful! They do need some care and attention, but would respond wonderfully to proper and appropriate shell polishing. Slightly dusty at the moment; hence Good condition only. Size 11B. Some minor damage to the back of the left shoe, as shown. Asking just $45 > 40

8) USA Union-Made work bluchers! I picked these up mainly for the interesting Union markings! Very Good condition. Size 11 1/2D. Asking $18

9) Bally shoes. Very Good condition. Made in Switzerland. Size 10EEE. Asking just $15

10) Bass Weejuns. Made in the USA. Very Good condition. Size 9 1/2D. Asking $25.

11) Casual suede shoes. Nike Air soles. 9M. Asking $20

12) Johnston & Murphy Aristocraft wingtips. Made in USA. Size 8 D/B. Very Good condition. Asking $20

13) Angus Westley of England. Made in England. Size 9 1/2D. Excellent condition. Asking $35

CMDC

Honors Member
This Filson wool jacket was originally acquired by me NWT. I've had it for about a year or so but don't wear it as much as would justify keeping it--maybe 20 times total. It is in absolutely excellent condition. This can be worn either as a liner for something bigger and bulkier or on its own, as I've worn it. Two front pockets and it also has an elastic drawstring at the bottom.

Made in USA

Tagged L:
Pit to Pit: 23
Length: 28
Sleeve: 36

$45 conus

Arnold Brant sportcoat in light browns and tans
Lightweight wool--good for warmer weather
3 button, darted, side vents
Made in Italy

Measures to about a 40S:

Pit to Pit: 22
Shoulder: 19
Length BoC: 28.75
Sleeve: 23

$40 conus

Brooks Brothers Clark Fit khakis
35 x 32
Flat front, no cuff

$32 conus

Brooks Brothers Elliot fit heavy cotton trousers--not sure the name of this fabric--whipcord? Anyway, heavier weight.
Pleated and cuffed

35 x 32

$32 conus

Brooks Brothers blue gingham long sleeve button down sport shirt
Made in USA
Size L

$22 conus

Brooks Brothers 346 purple mini puppytooth button down sport shirt
16 x 32/33

$20 conus

Locharron Aberdeen wool tie, like new condition. 3.5" width. $18 conus
Brooks Brothers tie. 3.75" width $16 conus

EngProf

I'm surprised it hasn't been claimed yet--but I think it's about to be! :)

And it's claimed! :)
Aaargh!

Now that I know that it would have fit me, I'm in anguish. If your buyer backs out, or if something mysterious should happen to him . . . .

Last edited:

Himself

Aaargh!

Now that I know that it would have fit me, I'm in anguish. If your buyer backs out, or if something mysterious should happen to him . . . .
Aargh from me too! Just my size! Busy day at work, just got on this site to see if it was still there...

jogowill

First post was quickly lost in a flurry of sizing questions and philosophical debate (which I actually think ended up being fairly productive). I promise I won't re-post again.

Peal & Co. for Brooks Brothers, size 8.5 B. Heels worn, some minor cosmetic stuff, but otherwise looking good. Click on picture above to see several more. $65 CONUS or offer (I'm very flexible on this one).

Monocle

To some who have purchased items from me in the last 2 weeks in the exchange, I apologize for some slowness. Some (a couple really) items were sent extremely late. Not my normal mode. And I mean to set no precedent. You gents are worthy of getting A+ service. And I've slipped a bit lately.

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

To some who have purchased items from me in the last 2 weeks in the exchange, allow me a public apology. Some (a couple really) items were sent extremely late. Not my normal mode. And I mean to set no precedent. I am usually very quick on the turnaround. And I don't take for granted the trust involved in trading here. You gents are worthy of getting A+ service. And I slipped a bit.

Reub, pls send the dimensions on those boots. I may be able to take a pair if they run big.
I have no doubt they understand. I will say when I bought a few things from you, I received them very quickly and I would certainly trust you to purchase something again.

This is probably something that should be repeated frequently. EVERYONE that I have bought (or traded) from on the exchange has been great to work with including:

Reuben, TweedyDon, Monocle, CMDC, 32R&R, Pentheos, sbdivemaster, vpkozel, and adoucett

Reuben

Honors Member
To some who have purchased items from me in the last 2 weeks in the exchange, allow me a public apology. Some (a couple really) items were sent extremely late. Not my normal mode. And I mean to set no precedent. I am usually very quick on the turnaround. And I don't take for granted the trust involved in trading here. You gents are worthy of getting A+ service. And I slipped a bit.

Reub, pls send the dimensions on those boots. I may be able to take a pair if they run big.
Heck man, we all get a little caught up sometimes. I think everyone on here has enough in the closet to last them an extra week or two without their latest purchase.

Odradek

Elite Member
Aaargh!

That would have fitted me quite well, with perhaps minor sleeve alteration, but the one I really hanker after is Tweedy Don's number 21, the blue plaid with red check. Been there for months but just too small for me.

Monocle

Classic LE shetland in the most beautiful heathered medium blues. XL 46-48 W25 L26 SL36 unrolled CLAIMED

McGeorge of Dumfries for The Scotch House crew argyle, size 40 (M) W20.5 L25.5 SL32 unrolled(it is clean and tight, with no flaws/smoke) You won't see these every day. CLAIMED

:hidden:

Last edited:

Reuben

Honors Member
Scratch that, I bought it earlier in the week from someone on SF.

Oh, and if I traded with you or sold you something in the past several weeks and then sent you a panicked message to find out if I'd shipped you my new pair of Bill's by accident, I just found them. They'd been delivered to the house one street over by a novice postman and just now made their way back to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies. To continue this discussion, please create a new thread.

Deals/Steals