AAAC Informal Trad Thrift Store Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies. To continue this discussion, please create a new thread.

ArtVandalay

Drops

Brooks Brother vintage 346 sack tweed 42L - $36
3/2, half lined, patch hip pockets, in beautiful shape.
Shoulders 18"
Pit to Pit 22"
Sleeves 25.5"
Length BOC 32"

Lands End Harris Tweed - 38R - $27
Two button front, brown, fully lined, in great shape.
Shoulders 18"
Pit to Pit 20.5"
Sleeves 24"
Length BOC 29.75

H. Freeman & Son 3/2 sack sportcoat 42L - $27
Fabric not marked, probably a wool/wilk blend. Fully lined with three interior pockets. In beautiful condition.

Shoulders 18.5"
Pit to Pit 22.5"
Sleeves 25.25"
Length BOC 31.25"

Brooks Brothers blue OCBD 16-32 - $18
Vintage, unlined collar, must-iron, in nice shape.

Dmontez

Elite Member
Anyone wanting/needing a Harris Tweed jacket?
I have one of the ones that they sold at Walmart a couple of years back, and I have never worn it. I just don't need tweed down here in South Texas. https://askandyaboutclothes.com/com...934-Harris-Tweed-at-Walmart&highlight=walmart

It will come with the Harris Tweed hanger as well, $40.00 shipped in the CONUS
CC03225B-31A1-4701-9CBB-18AE2649A540_zpsrf39mt9b.jpg

D57344E6-3E73-432A-B9DE-6B55B7395593_zps7pwuezrr.jpg

60609DE7-7B4A-48EF-B2A4-3015253DBD41_zpsexl47cez.jpg

531EA5B6-8C96-430A-B0A8-0755C7531679_zpsqqxeoaq9.jpg

Shoulders:19.5
P2P: 24
Sleeves: 24.5
BOC: 30.5

crs

This J.Press tweed 3/2 sack is in great condition and is old enough to have the long-gone San Francisco store on the label. No holes, no smells, no flaws that I can determine. It is gray with very subtle strands of light blue and yellow. I purchased this for myself, but it's just too short for me and now I have another option for a nice gray tweed. Shoulders 18, chest 22 3/4, sleeve 23, BOC 29. $60 firm, including shipping CONUSA. Paypal.

MZWilson

Three coats up for sale today:

Ermenegildo Zegna windowpane
Beautiful silk cashmere blend that I stumbled upon thrifting and I wish it was anywhere close to my size. Double vents, two button, Italian made. Tagged 52R, see measurements. Had this one on eBay for a while and have received a few offers around $50. Since we don't deal with eBay fees here, I'd like to get $60 shipping conusa and paypaled.

Shoulder seam to seam: 19"
Pit to pit: 21.25"
Sleeve length: 25.5"
Length from bottom of collar: 31"

e2276aac88b9a52f2d81fa98bf0fb2f0.jpg

a2ea85e04103e6f01850163bb9aa9a38.jpg

e77ccb43bce426bb7d7eb7f3ee10221e.jpg

91f530d896519ec9a9a3bf9bf928c71c.jpg

Brooks Brothers camelhair Glen Plaid
Great looking jacket that I just don't wear enough and I need to clear out some space. Single vent, two button, USA made. See measurement for details. Sleeves have been adjusted by a tailor and cannot be let out any farther. Tagged 38s but do see measurements. Looking for $25 shipped and PayPal.

Shoulder seam to seam: 18.5"
Pit to pit: 20"
Sleeve length: 22"
Length from bottom of collar: 29.5"

b38a741dfd612a0d1f55457f628e1b83.jpg

78b7bb494709091b168baff16dd62d19.jpg

9d16e4b0fc7427e8097e1ad7a7eaa921.jpg

e9cfb94028ffacb8040a0ee1d5fc294a.jpg

Lands End courdouroy jacket
Picked this one up off eBay last year and it didn't fit. They didn't accept returns. Great condition. Tagged 38s but wears larger. See measurements $20 shipped and PayPal.

Shoulder seam to seam: 19.5
Pit to pit: 22.5"
Sleeve length: 23.5"
Length from bottom of collar: 30"

6324c4422bdad3fa76ed026ec67956b4.jpg

6eae06c882ec3e3e2e80a3c855708450.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TweedyDon

Connoisseur
Filson Wool Jacket

Filson's tag line is "Might As Well Have the Best"... and while that's not quite as applicable to all of their products since the company was sold in 2012 (many are, shall we say "innovative", and "draw on their heritage"...) it still holds true for their core range; the decades-old designs of some of their Tin Cloth clothing, their Mackinaws, their older luggage designs... and some of the more traditional wool jackets, like this one.

Designed to be used either as a stand-along wool Harrington-style jacket or as a liner in some of their tin cloth outerwear this is made of 100% virgin wool which breathes while wicking away moisture. Our warm wool jacket doubles as a zip-in liner, when extra insulation is needed. As Filson says, "This jacket features a standing collar that protects your neck from wind, fitted cuffs to keep debris and rain out, handwarmer pockets and a drawcord adjustable waist for a custom fit." It also includes storm cuffs, two oversize handwarmer pockets, and a drawcord waist that's neatly located on the bottom hem for a perfect fit.

It was Made in the USA.

This is a lovely forest green, and is in excellent condition. This retails at $200, but is offered here at just $49, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Size Small; this measures:

Chest: 20 1/4
Sleeve: 25 1/4
Shoulder: 18 1/4
Length (from Bottom of collar): 24

TweedyDon

Connoisseur
FULL NORFOLK FIELD JACKET in Derby Tweed! Made in the UK. Absolutely EXCELLENT condition.

Both Derby tweed and Full Norfolk Jackets are becoming increasingly hard to find, and so this jacket--a full Norfolk cut from hard wearing Derby tweed--is a double rarity.

And not only is this jacket a double rarity--it's a terrific (and terrifically serious) piece of field gear. Norfolk jackets were designed in C19th England as field gear, especially for shooting; it's thus appropriate that Britain's Rifle Corps wore them as uniform in 1859 - 1960. This example has all of the features that you'd expect in a Norfolk that was designed for field use.

First, it has two deep front bellows pockets to hold field equipment; these have deep flaps to protect the contents from rain, and wide mouths to allow for ease of access. The bellows feature allows a lot more bulky items to be stored in these than regular patch pockets. It also has a, of course, a fully functional and adjustable belt to secure the waist against wind; this is held to the body by the traditional half-Norfolk straps sewn vertically on the front of the jacket. It also has a deep inverted box pleat at the back to allow for ease of movement and rapid changes in shoulder posture--crucial when shooting gamebirds, or climbing over stiles or fences. It is reinforced at the shoulders for shooting, and also in recognition that these are traditional weak points in a working jacket. It has NO cuff buttons--these are ornamental on a jacket like this, serve no real purpose, but would be inclined to snag on briars or wire. Since they're a net drawback, they're left off. It has a deep interior chest pocket, and a reinforced game pocket on the inside. It closes with four oversized front buttons, designed to be easy to use even in winter cold. It has a single vent.

This is a serious Norfolk field jacket, not a modern fashion reproduction.

The Derby tweed that it's cut from is beautiful; my pictures really don't do it justice. (More information about Derby Tweed can be found on my Facebook page WaterhollowTweed.) The base is a lovely light moss green herringbone, shot through with single vertical stripes of forest green and berry red.

It was, of course, made in the United Kingdom--and, moreover, it was made for "Lynton Crest Tailored" clothing, which specialized in country tweeds and outerwear in England. Judging by the interior label and the style of numbering on the inspection tag this dates from the mid 1960s.

It's also in absolutely excellent condition; I suspect that this was purchased in the United Kingdom on someone's vacation, brought to the USA--and then never worn.

Lynton Norfolks in more used condition than this appear occasionally on eBay and Etsy, where they command c.$200+. As such, this is a steal at just $125, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Given its heft this should be considered outerwear, rather than a sports jacket. As such, please take this into account when assessing the measurements, below, and judge them against a well-fitting Field coat, such as a Barbour.

Measurements:

Chest: 25 1/2
Sleeve: 26 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 21 1/2
Length: 30 1/2

Bernie Zack

NicholasJenkins

I'm looking for blue OCBDs 16-16.5/33-34 from the usual suspects--J. Press, Mercer, O'Connell's, Andover Shop, BB (must-iron, traditional fit), or vintage Sero or Gant (all cotton). They can be a bit frayed or worn (I work from home and wear them informally). If you got 'em, please PM me and I'll happily take them off your hands!

Last edited:

JCrewfan

Lot of seven shirts

Lot of seven shirts for sale. Six from Lands's End; one from Ralph Lauren Polo. Most of the LE shirts are OCBDs, some no-iron; RLP shirt has a club collar. All shirts are custom/tailored fit. LE shirts are 15.5 x 33"; RLP is size medium. Shirts have always been laundered and drip dried. All in very good condition. $55 + free CONUS shipping.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

JCrewfan

Allen-Edmonds Preston Venetian Loafer

SOLD! Brown AE Preston loafers, size 9D. I have had these for two or three years but have worn them very little. They just don't fit me as well as I would like. Tongue pads installed but can easily be removed without sticky residue. Will ship in original box with bags. $85 + free CONUS shipping.

Last edited:

Dmontez

Elite Member
Ties $15 each shipped in the CONUS
LtoR
Brooks Brothers makers equestrian
Chippmunk schnauzer
Lanvin
Brooks Brothers makers(marked through tag)
Christian Dior
Christian Dior

59E5281C-47FA-4B70-A49F-85F66DA8210B_zpsfzyxiuax.jpg

Last edited:

crs

New with tags Andover Shop tweed jacket, sized at 42 X-Tall. I measure 22 chest, 25 sleeve, 18 shoulders, 32 BOC. Still a little snug on me, and long, although supposedly longer jackets are in vogue now. Andover lists its current tweed offerings at $950 online. This one is $75 firm, shipped CONUSA, Paypal.

crs

Vintage Harris Tweed 3/2 sack for the defunct English Shop of Princeton. This is in great condition and extremely versatile. This fits me fine, but I need to cull some of my three dozen tweeds or after Tweedy Don's stern warning about crowding the closet. Chest 22, sleeves 23, shoulders 17 3/4, BOC 30.This one is $60 firm, shipped CONUSA.

Last edited:

Kendallroberts88

Old navy blue OCBD, this shirt is heavier than new old navy OCBD's so it leads me to believe this is a older shirt. Great condition, no signs of wear on the cuff or the neck. Alpha size L measures out to 16 1/2 35 $15 shipped. Pm interest.
22860d75b86f795b0a31638ab0e9b1ea.jpg
f99c1dc234923954554be1844c799894.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kendallroberts88

Sold!

Old navy blue OCBD, this shirt is heavier than new old navy OCBD's so it leads me to believe this is a older shirt. Great condition, no signs of wear on the cuff or the neck. Alpha size L measures out to 16 1/2 35 $15 shipped. Pm interest.
22860d75b86f795b0a31638ab0e9b1ea.jpg
f99c1dc234923954554be1844c799894.jpg

Last edited:

NicholasJenkins

I'm looking for two items:

A 40-short men's all-wool navy blazer, 3-roll-2. Length (from BOC) 29-29.5; shoulders 18-19, sleeve length at least 23.5 (can always be shortened), chest 43-45. Southwick, J. Press, BB, O'Connells, Corbin, Majer, Chipp, Norman Hilton, or any of dozens of now-defunct trad makers or campus shops. The jacket can be somewhat worn--I'll just be wearing it around, not to business meetings, weddings, etc.

Also, all-cotton, blue OCBDs, 16-16.5/33-34 from all the usual suspects-- J. Press, BB (Makers, traditional fit, must-iron), Mercer, O'Connells, Gitman, Troy Shirt Guild, Andover Shop, campus shops, vintage Gant or Sero (if all-cotton). They can be a bit frayed--again, I'll just be wearing them informally.

Please PM me if you want to sell what I'm looking for!

Last edited:

Kendallroberts88

The mint green solid and red repp are no longer available. All ties are BB 3.75 inches in width, all silk excellent condition. $12 for one or $9 per if you buy more than one.
198a6317670d6a150c6e6821caafd1e6.jpg
d502ca3c9311a45e3495a742d7b6bfb7.jpg

Last edited:

YoungSoulRebel

Inactive user
This is an interesting two button jacket made in Italy from a company that I have no knowledge of, but is very Orvis style in appearance. It's a heavy cotton jacket with elbow patches, throat latch, natural shoulders and working surgeon cuffs. It is in amazing condition with no holes, rips or stains. Marked a size 46, but refer to measurements below.

Chest: 22"
Sleeve: 25"
Length: 31"

Open to offers

NicholasJenkins

Hi, Patrick--

Yes! I'm very interested. Please let me know. As for the weight gain, I'm, alas, on the same trajectory--hence the need for a bunch of new shirts. In addition to blue, please let me know if you have any in white, tattersall, and pink (as well as blue or tattersall).

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies. To continue this discussion, please create a new thread.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange