Status
Not open for further replies. To continue this discussion, please create a new thread.

TweedyDon

Connoisseur
The dark charcoal Harris tweed, the vintage Albion Harris tweed, the Glen Plaid Corneliani, and the Mckenzie Harris tweed have all been claimed--thank you!

MORE TO COME!

TweedyDon

Connoisseur
*****************UPDATE***************

Richard E. Press, the archival consultant at J. Press, has confirmed that the 4/3 sack jacket from J. Press that I listed earlier is from 1949 or 1950, which is the only season that Press offered this style in a very short-lived revival!
With thanks to Marc Chevalier for checking on this!

NB: This is currently on hold, as J. Press Archives have first refusal!

Last edited:

Adriel Rowley

Richard E. Press, the archival consultant at J. Press, has confirmed that the 4/3 sack jacket from J. Press that I listed earlier is from 1949 or 1950, which is the only season that Press offered this style in a very short-lived revival!

Went back to really look at it and still amazes me that it is almost 70 years old (and now think about it as never have before, my DB is about 70 also).

Harris Tweed used to come in much more variety and weaves, interesting pairing orange and purple.

Hope does go into achieve so preserved, maybe even to be inspiration for a future J Press.

Went back to really look at it and still amazes me that it is almost 70 years old (and now think about it as never have before, my DB is about 70 also).

Harris Tweed used to come in much more variety and weaves, interesting pairing orange and purple.

Hope does go into achieve so preserved, maybe even to be inspiration for a future J Press.
I don't know... JPress would be competing with Steve Harvey, Phat Farm, Stacy Adams, and Fubu in the 4-button jacket market.

Ivygrad71

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Alden 3403 Snuff suede tassels size 9D. Excellent condition. Realized I needed a c width. $325 PayPal plus actual shipping charges.

straw sandals

What a beautiful jacket. And that label! I have a Press jacket from 1956, which has a working throat latch tucked behind the collar. Does this jacket also have that feature? I've always wondered if it was standard at Press in the 1950's.

TweedyDon

Connoisseur
What a beautiful jacket. And that label! I have a Press jacket from 1956, which has a working throat latch tucked behind the collar. Does this jacket also have that feature? I've always wondered if it was standard at Press in the 1950's.
Thank you! No throat latch, I'm afraid!

SergeS

So jealous of everyone who can thrift jackets that fit...Tweedy has some great finds! I'm small shouldered (18") and big chested (23" pit to pit) and can rarely find anything. To old and lazy to hit the weights. Would rather be playing golf!

WillBarrett

I've got more pants coming soon, but here's a pair of Bill's to get started.

M1 flat front in faded fatigue color. Light weight material - see pictures for product code. These are usa made. One faint spot as noted.

Waist - 17"
Inseam - 28"
Cuff - 1.25"

Asking $30 or offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gamma68

Honors Member
BUMP. Nice fall shirt folks.

ORVIS COUNTRY TWILL SHIRT
Tan/multicolor
Brushed cotton, tagged size M

These shirts go great with tweed jackets and the very traditional British tan/multicolored check pattern (see last pic for best representation) is perfect for fall. Must-iron, too. No flaws, clean and ready to wear.

Measurements
Chest: 22.5"
Sleeve: 33.5"

Orvis retails these at 89 bucks. You can have this one for $25, CONUS shipping included.

gamma68

Honors Member
BUMP. Getting harder to find USA-made Woolrich these days.

VINTAGE WOOLRICH PLAID WOOL SHIRT
USA-made, tagged size L

Made in the days before Woolrich sent production overseas. These shirts are great for wearing over an OCBD, and this one has great fall colors. Two button-flap chest pockets. 85% wool, 15% nylon. Clean and ready to wear with no holes, stains, odors.

Measures 24" chest, 35" sleeve.

** CLAIMED **

Last edited:

gamma68

Honors Member
BUMP. Way below retail pricing on practically brand-new items, folks.

L.L. Bean Classics

Scotch Plaid Flannel Shirts
Blackwatch and Dress Gordon
Both size L
No flaws, clean and ready to wear
Each measures 24" chest, 34.5" sleeve

** BOTH SHIRTS CLAIMED **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies. To continue this discussion, please create a new thread.