dks202

This is a new one. I have never heard of this model. Looking inside the shoe it's not on the insole. A name maybe? Custom? I bought them at the Rack.

image.jpg

image2.jpg

dks202

Ahaaa

Just got the scoop from Brenda at AE and she was very helpful.

She said she has been with AE for over 20 years and she has never heard of the Schautal. She had to do some digging on her computer to find it and you won't find it on the AE web site.

The Schuatal is made only for the Nordstrom Rack and it was introduced in October 2012. It is not a factory second nor is it made in an inferior manner.

It is definitely made in USA from first quality materials. Essentially it is a suede leather MacNeil, double oak sole, etc. on a 97 last (same as #7).

On these she said the final number in the style "5603" does not mean the specific last anymore. She said there are too many lasts now so AE went to double digit numbers to specify the last.

A very nice shoe!

Last edited:

Deegs

Starting Member
A great-looking shoe indeed! Many thanks to dks202 for clearing it up for us. I was surprised when I first saw this model, since there's no name on the footbed, the lining is different (quite luxurious, IMHO), and they're not seconds! They're a great deal, like a WebGem for the Rack.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
As Orsini said.

If you can't find one, a smooth leather belt to harmonize.

But are you sure it isn't the Allen Edmonds schnozzle? :icon_smile_wink:

What the heck is schautel?

StephenRG

Honors Member
IMO the most interesting aspect of this is that not only does Nordstrom Rack have attire specifically made for it - which we expect for all outlets now - but the quality can be comparable to the "regular" store.

Orsini

Honors Member
Problem with suede belts is their very short service life. The suede will become compressed and shiny wherever pressure is applied ... like, at every belt loop and at the buckle.
That's true, they get shiny at those places. I've had the belts I mentioned almost a year and, other than that, they've held up reasonably well. Aside from being broken in, they look almost as good as new.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.