Alligator Boat Shoes??

Tom Buchanan

Years ago, Harris posted a thread about "Luxe" boat shoes by Alden because everyone thought that $200+ was a lot to pay for boat shoes.

I teased that true luxe boat shoes should be made of Alligator or Crocodile. Well, who knew that Sperry of all companies would actually produce such. I cannot imagine that they sold many (or any) of these.

Jovan

Honors Member
The patent leather "formal" ones from a few years ago (made for Band of Outsiders I think) were bad enough.

One thing is for certain: Don't go boating in a lake around here wearing those things. The dominant predators will not be amused.

AdamsSutherland

Jovan,

I went to three black tie events in the patent leather sperry's.

How many did you go to last year?

Okay, okay. That's a complete lie. Those things were absolutely heinous.

Kurt N

I've done my share of head-shaking over the funky, non-classic stuff. But as I think about it: why not? McNairy x Bass with the boat shoes done as bals instead of bluchers, and pennies done in leopard, inside-out cordovan, and yes, croc--all that playful messing with a style probably helps keep the iconic core stick around all the better. No harm, no foul?

Taliesin

I've seen shoes like that in person. At Redix in Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. I don't recall the price, but it was very high, like $750 or something.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange