mlenecare

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I wear blue suede loafers and wingtips regularly but I can’t imagine being able to wear those even though they are amazing. Partially it is the boldness of the color but also it’s just that I generally can’t pull shoes like that off. The biggest reason for that being that I look like a clown in anything more than a slightly elongated last. I’m a little over 5’9” and I wear a size US 12 D or E. Although my heel is more of a B/C width. I’m other words I have duck feet.😣

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
I wear blue suede loafers and wingtips regularly but I can’t imagine being able to wear those even though they are amazing. Partially it is the boldness of the color but also it’s just that I generally can’t pull shoes like that off. The biggest reason for that being that I look like a clown in anything more than a slightly elongated last. I’m a little over 5’9” and I wear a size US 12 D or E. Although my heel is more of a B/C width. I’m other words I have duck feet.😣
I've thought about men who have a greater foot size to height ratio and the very issue you highlight. Indeed, I've likely joined them. Having shrunken to somewhere around 5'8", and having a size 11 foot, it has become noticeable in some instances. I have a pair of Cheaney chukkas on their slightly elongated 125 last, and as I was sitting on my internist's exam table, he glanced down and remarked, "Gee, you've got pretty big feet!" :D

While I only have a pair of saddles in blue suede, I like blue shoes and have admired a pair of blue suede tassel loafers for several years. And I've seen traditional oxfords in discreet shades of dark blue that digress only slightly from black which could easily be worn with right blue or grey suits and jackets. But these elegant shoes are sufficiently striking that it takes a man with both elegance and panache to do so successfully, and since RogerP has shared his personal style with us, I believe he could do so well.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^
A rather magnificent twist on the cap toe boot design. Small, seemingly insignificant changes can make such a big difference! ;)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Agreed with the above - these were an inspired makeup. The red-brown suede insert for the shaft takes these boots from good to great.
Come on, tell us the truth, you're thinking about them. In between those super-smart lawyer thoughts you have, you're thinking, "darn those are nice boots," "wouldn't mind having a pair..."

cmoore

The red-brown suede insert for the shaft takes these boots from good to great.
Exactly.
I don't always like the combinations of suede and leather I see in some shoes. This is one of the best examples of it done in a way that's really complementary. Plus, the subtle shape on the caps are great and the waist... it's just a really elegant last. I want a pair.

RogerP

Connoisseur
Come on, tell us the truth, you're thinking about them. In between those super-smart lawyer thoughts you have, you're thinking, "darn those are nice boots," "wouldn't mind having a pair..."
Oh I would rock those in a heartbeat - no doubt about it! And I don't have a true dress boot in a medium-dark brown..... Yeah, it's not hard to talk myself into a pair!

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Oh I would rock those in a heartbeat - no doubt about it! And I don't have a true dress boot in a medium-dark brown..... Yeah, it's not hard to talk myself into a pair!
You're only a mental click or two away from a website click to buy.
In full disclosure, the image was purloined from Ascot Shoes. (Which I suspect is already known.)

The MTO makeup was not attributed, but as the majority of their offerings appear to be Vass,, that is to whom I attributed them. Possible it could be another maker, St. C, etc.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
In full disclosure, the image was purloined from Ascot Shoes. (Which I suspect is already known.)

The MTO makeup was not attributed, but as the majority of their offerings appear to be Vass,, that is to whom I attributed them. Possible it could be another maker, St. C, etc.
Here's my call, a man who can argue in front of the Canadian Supreme court can find where to buy those boots if they are for sale somewhere on earth.

cmoore

Hmm -- U last. I don't own any Vass but description says that's a lower instep last.

So my high instep saved me contemplating a $1200 pair of boots. Thank heaven for small favors.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Very similar to the boots in post #407, these have slightly different and lighter hides, and an open throat. And I think I may like them even better. Also MTO via Ascot Shoes, from, I believe, Vass. -

1569343509284.png

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.