Amazing non-Japanese shoes

Flanderian

Connoisseur
TLB Mallorca, Artista line in museum calf. I do love Adelaides!

1585502033999.png

scottfranklin

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Some nice Meccariello's, now 40% off at Yeossal. Suede loafers on the soft-square last and Balmoral's on the Chisel 2, a very nice deco toe.

NAPIER IN MID BROWN SUEDE

DALVEY BALMORAL IN ANTIQUED BROWN

Flanderian

Connoisseur
I would enthusiastically agree with you perspective on the John Lobb Chapels, but the chisel on the toes strikes me as disturbingly abrupt. Smooth out those toes and count me onboard! ;)

I wonder if some of that might be the perspective and the shine? :icon_scratch:

Think it might be exaggerating the effect.

Edit: Ah! I'm correct for a change: just happened upon another photo of the Chapels, and with a different perspective and lighting, the chisel-toe appears significantly less severe.

1585604927118.png

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I wonder if some of that might be the perspective and the shine? :icon_scratch:

Think it might be exaggerating the effect.

Edit: Ah! I'm correct for a change: just happened upon another photo of the Chapels, and with a different perspective and lighting, the chisel-toe appears significantly less severe.

View attachment 42007

Now you have gone and done it. An unrequited lust for a pair of those memorably handsome Chapels rages within me...and SWMBO stands firm mouthing "Not on my watch!" :( LOL.

StephenRG

Honors Member
While generally not overly fond of double monks, the John Lobb Chapel has always been an exception.
It is my favourite design of double monk.

FWIW Meermin had a similar design for a while, but now it's only sporadically available, in an MTO group.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
It is my favourite design of double monk.

FWIW Meermin had a similar design for a while, but now it's only sporadically available, in an MTO group.

I've wondered how the affliction of that suffering country may affect these businesses? Very sad, and especially so given their rise to prominence is comparatively recent. :(

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.