Flanderian

Connoisseur
View attachment 47490

I haven't a clue as to who the cobbler is but OMG! And those tweed trousers? Mercy!
Exceptional in every part! Looks like some of Cleav's things, but don't specifically recall these. Trousers and socks are perfect! :icon_cheers: I suppose the trousers must be tweed, but they also look like some of thickest, foggiest of flannels. Would actually have loved a suit of this at one time.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Exceptional in every part! Looks like some of Cleav's things, but don't specifically recall these. Trousers and socks are perfect! :icon_cheers: I suppose the trousers must be tweed, but they also look like some of thickest, foggiest of flannels. Would actually have loved a suit of this at one time.
Could not agree more with all this and, specifically, that is a suit I would have loved to own in my suit-wearing days.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
View attachment 47490

I haven't a clue as to who the cobbler is but OMG! And those tweed trousers? Mercy!
Could not agree more with all this and, specifically, that is a suit I would have loved to own in my suit-wearing days.
They are indeed "Cleav's things" - I recognize the combo from when Cleav would post regularly on That Other Website, and yes, the flannel trousers are quite luxurious looking. The shoes, I believe, are Crockett & Jones - model name Fairford, I suspect.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Not necessarily amazing, and perhaps not even special to many, but they are to me. I don't fall in love with names for the sake of their names, but there are some makes which, if not ground breaking. always look to me exactly as I think the shoe should. And Edward Green may be paramount among them. The shoe below is EG's iconic Dover model with the handsewn apron, a handsome model they make up in a variety of hides. I find this special because in addition to EG's flawless quality it combines a favorite brighter snuff colored suede and a rubber sole. This shoe to me is a dressy casual style, and I prefer rubber soles for such, which in this, IMO, pairs perfectly with upper hide.

EG snuff suede Dover-done.jpg

Flanderian

Connoisseur
And @RogerP, going about his day, hears a twig snap in the distance. He's files it away as something to investigate later. Probably nothing, but could be a big cat (or awesome pair of blue leather and herringbone tweed button boots) stalking.
I'm glad you clearly identified the hue of these as blue. I was tending more to the descriptor, violet! ;)

Flanderian

Connoisseur
My five-year-old laptop screen is not the most reliable for color nuance.

Those are pretty amazing. Very '30s Apparel Arts. I assume they are in the category of, "if you have to ask how much, you can't...."
Even better, I believe these are a group special order as they're being sold by a Melbourne retailer. So I guess you'd have to reverse import them from Australia! :icon_cheers:

And I'm taking a flyer on the upper material based upon studying the tassels. Alternately, they may even be brushed silk, or some other cloth. A spectacular looking summer shoe, but I fear they'd get soiled just taking them out of the box. :eek:

Edit: OK, found 'em! They're calf suede, and a terrific deal! ;)

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.