Tweedlover

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
From my grandfather's 1920 West Point yearbook-- a young MacArthur (West Point superintendent) with trad trendsetter the Duke of Windsor; also an advertisement from a yearbook sponsor in the back of the yearbook:

View attachment 49353 View attachment 49354
I have my great uncle's class of 1915 WP yearbook. Yeah, the clothing store adds in the back are great. Folks in my family didn't tend to pass along tales of the family's past. So, as a teen when first looking through it to find by great uncle's photo, was surprised to see he was a classmate of Eisenhower and Omar Bradley. Would have been an interesting man to meet-died in WWII. His first commission out of WP was serving as a fellow officer with George Patton in Pershing's expeditionary force.

drpeter

That's not me. That's actor Mark Hamill of "Star Wars" fame. But your estimate is very close! He was born in 1951 and he graduated high school in 1969. I myself was still in diapers at that time.
Hamill is one year younger than me. So he must be getting on. And here I was, thinking what a dashing fellow @Corcovado was! (Of course, I'm sure he was and still is, no fear).

Hamill was the chap in the funny adverts on TV recently with Sir Patrick Stewart. Stewart was carrying a suitably grizzled, ancient cricket bat in the first one to counter Hamill's baseball bat in their "Cudgels at Dusk" duel.To wit:

mhj

That's not me. That's actor Mark Hamill of "Star Wars" fame. But your estimate is very close! He was born in 1951 and he graduated high school in 1969. I myself was still in diapers at that time.
I'm also class of '69. That would have been my guess if I had read this earlier, looks like it's straight out of my yearbook.

Dr.Watson

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I've been reading judicial biographies for a seminar class. Practically every time that Justice Lewis F. Powell is mentioned he is described as "courtly." Seems like he dressed pretty trad too.
57bdf30426705.image.jpg

Capture.JPG
PowellConfirmationLFP_1971.jpg
show-photo.gif

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals