an oily spot on my trousers

dandypauper

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Today I stupidly tried to eat pizza while riding the bus with a suitcase. Some of the pizza's oil and ricotta cheese (yum, that white pizza with the ricotta) fell on my suit pants. I didn't see it happen, but I looked down and there it was. I brushed off the ricotta, but the oil i think stained them. They're a taupe or sand color and a small part silk. What do I do?? The usual Ask Andy responses of brushing won't work, I fear and if steaming would work, wouldn't dunking in water work even better? At the moment I am without steamer and brush, but I could try to get them tomorrow, if need be. Help!!

dandypauper

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Try putting some talcum powder on the stain, then call me in the morning. :)
I hope you're being serious. I'll put some Clubman on there straight away. BTW, anyone know why Clubman would turn pinkish? Does that mean it got wet?

acidicboy

Elite Member
Talcum powder can absorb some of it. Don't worry about it, worse thing that could happen is you bring it to the cleaner.

fullgrain

Small part silk and what else?

If cotton or linen or something else washable, then, yes, talcum powder will do the trick for absorbing oil--something w/out perfumes is best. Moisten it, glob on a bunch, leave overnight, then wash as normal and hang dry.

If wool, then get thee to a drycleaner, as this is the kind of stain that even if you can't see it, will attract moths.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange