Any decent U.S. umbrella makers?

katon

373F_NAVY

Any umbrella makers in the U.S. making umbrellas in Tradly designs? :icon_smile: Crook handles, black (or regimental stripe canopies like the Italian Brooks one above)... folks who can do a silk one, or who have "walking stick" handles like the British makers would also be nice.

makes one. Anyone had any umbrellas from them? Are they any good?

Hass-Jordan says they'll they'll make custom ones, and have a few standard styles, but I get the impression that they're wholesale only. Peerless will also make custom U.S.-made umbrellas for wholesale.

So can anyone recommend any retailers?

Last edited:

gtguyzach

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Maybe it is a little too modern, but I was recently reading about Davek umbrellas on one of the blogs. Apparently the coolest feature is an auto open and auto close, seems like a really durable, functional piece.

https://davekny.com/index.htm

Wildblue

Yes, I highly recommend the Gustbuster: https://gustbuster.com/ FANTASTIC unmbrella, high quality, various ergonomic grips, (I prefer my molded rubber-ish compound grip to the standard crook) various colors available, reasonable prices, made in USA, and can withstand winds beyond 55 mph. :) You can even get ones that double as portable seats, or whatever. I bought mine from Amazon.

Last edited:

oldschoolprep

Suggest you contact Hass-Jordan Company in Toledo, Ohio. Co-established by the late PGA pro Byron Nelson when he was the pro at Inveness Club a gazillion years ago, H-J has been one of the world's top umbrella makers for decades. I received one of their 'brollies in my undergraduate university's colors thirty five years ago and it is still in great shape. In fact, H-J sent me a new handle and sheath after requesting them for no charge several years back.

G

Guest-195075

I'm not aware of any U.S. umbrella makers. I was at one time the manager of U.S. sales for Brigg umbrellas (UK -made; Royal Warranted) They are available direct from Swaine, Adeney, Brigg in London, but a warning preceeds: expect high prices; and then some. Our agency also contracted for some handsome patterned umbrellas for the men's specialty store market, but they were made in China; and most of those stores have disappeared.

Vecchio Vespa

(aka TKI67)
I'm not aware of any U.S. umbrella makers. I was at one time the manager of U.S. sales for Brigg umbrellas (UK -made; Royal Warranted) They are available direct from Swaine, Adeney, Brigg in London, but a warning preceeds: expect high prices; and then some. Our agency also contracted for some handsome patterned umbrellas for the men's specialty store market, but they were made in China; and most of those stores have disappeared.
Several years ago my Brigg mysteriously disappeared from my (then) MB at the dealership. I found a solid shaft/handle one from Kent Wang, made in Italy. It certainly is not a Brigg clone, but it is quite nice.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange