Any experience with Pal Zileri overcoats?

justonemore

Elite Member
I have a few Zileri suits and several Zileri sports coats. They serve me well. I made the purchases after researching the brand and seeing that many people here and on the other site appreciate their suits and SCs. I've now found a couple Zileri overcoats that interest me but am curious as to how the overcoats stack up when compared to their suits and SCs. Does anyone have any experience with them? Perhaps some insider info? From my limited experience in buying overcoats, these seem to be well made. The cloth is a blend of cashmir and wool (5%/95%) made by Loro Piana. While "half off" the cost is still around $900 or so.

I didn't get any good pics but hopefully these will give you a general idea.

Charcoal:

https://imageshack.com/i/ezM6dftsj

Lighter charcoal with subtle burgundy checks:

https://imageshack.com/i/hjsKmmEwj

https://imageshack.com/i/ezGzPSm8j

How hard is it going to be to pair the coat with checks? I like it but it's not as if I have many options as to "outerwear" at the moment so versatility is an issue.

Thanks in advance.

momsdoc

Connoisseur
Stick to the charcoal for versatility, if you don't already have many options in outerwear. They appear to drape well in the photos.

BTW, how can you not have many options in outerwear living in Switzerland?

dreamhopereality

Zileri is great. I have one overcoat. The fit is phenomenal.

Personally, I'm not keen on knee-length topcoats. I would bet that if you don't buy the one with red checks it would go for 200 less come spring (meaning it will still not sell).

dreamhopereality

Stick to the charcoal for versatility, if you don't already have many options in outerwear. They appear to drape well in the photos.

BTW, how can you not have many options in outerwear living in Switzerland?

He probably meant that he has few/no other coat(s). I suspect in Switzerland he has cheap access to many Italian brands.

RogerP

Connoisseur
I happened to trry on a couple Zileri overcoats recently and thought they were absolutely terrific. And at that price, the value is exceptional.

I love the red checks. Such a nice break from all the solids you see everywhere all winter long. And a welcome, if subtle splash of colour to enliven the grey. If you decide to pass on it, let me know!

EclecticSr.

Elite Member
Pal Zileri is great and at that price seems their mainline. They also produce a lower tier diffusion line . Judging by the price my guess is it's their mainline. Beautiful.

justonemore

Elite Member
I happened to trry on a couple Zileri overcoats recently and thought they were absolutely terrific. And at that price, the value is exceptional.

I love the red checks. Such a nice break from all the solids you see everywhere all winter long. And a welcome, if subtle splash of colour to enliven the grey. If you decide to pass on it, let me know!

These were part of the store closing that I had mentioned in earlier threads (the same one I bought all the suits and SCs from a couple months ago). Although he was supposed to close at the end of September, for some reason or another he went out 2 weeks early and I missed out on that Glen Plaid suit I had posted about and these 2 overcoats. The same guy is opening a smaller store in a month or so. If he gives me the same price, I'll grab them, if not, well.... the hunt is half the fun.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange