Men's Clothing Forums banner

Anyone familiar with Paul & Shark?

27K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Guest-190238 
#1 ·
I was at my local men's store today, and he had a nice navy blue coat on sale. It's made by Paul & Shark Yachting, and said the fabric is made by Loro Piana, and features their storm system. The coat fit like a glove. It retailed for 1500.00 but was marked down to 550.00, which is still a little pricey, but tempting. I'm not familiar with the brand, was wondering if there are any fans of Paul & Shark on here. Thanks. :confused:

#3 ·
Paul & Shark

It is an Italian company (notwithstanding the name...). I bought a couple of sweaters from them many years ago and I was quite surprised by how long they lasted and how well they held their shape.

I am not crazy about the style right now, but that is of course a matter of personal preference.

#4 ·
I was at my local men's store today, and he had a nice navy blue coat on sale. It's made by Paul & Shark Yachting, and said the fabric is made by Loro Piana, and features their storm system. The coat fit like a glove. It retailed for 1500.00 but was marked down to 550.00, which is still a little pricey, but tempting. I'm not familiar with the brand, was wondering if there are any fans of Paul & Shark on here. Thanks. :confused:
It's a high end casual clothing company, seemingly of better than generic quality. Probably over priced at full retail, but a deal @ 1/3. Grab it if you want it.

#5 ·
Flanderian called it. They are very pricey, very good quality and they offer a slightly weird assortment of clothes but I like all their sailing/boating related sportswear. They are also WILDLY knocked off and ebay is polluted with counterfeit stuff so you would have to tread super lightly picking up anything P&S on Ebay. One drawback as mentioned is that on some items they tend to plaster their logo all over it.

#6 ·
B ig & tall

Some of their stuff is offered in Rochester Big & Tall, usually 6 to 10 pieces.

Made in Italy, bit pricey $350 for a cotton sport shirt, much like Cutter & Buck in cloth & color selection.

Bought a sweater & polo last year on sale...well made not really a full cut but not snug.

Consider I'm 6'2' & 275 wearing a 52 long coat & 45 waist.

#11 ·
Yes, and it's a fine brand. They have great collections of knitwears and coats. Also trousers and shirts.
Of course their coats are Loro Piana and not fake, be sure of that.
I like their products and to those who love the sea, they have a full collection of itens one can use on a boat. Visit their site: https://www.paulshark.it/eng.html and you won't regret it.
As for the price...well, italian products are never cheap, I think.

Cheers

V.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.