Are cardigans trad?

n/a

quote:Originally posted by The Gabba Goul

Cardigans??? Trad??? I hope not...I just asked a friend of mine to pick me up some baby alpaca cardigans (she's going to Peru, and they can be had for alot cheaper there)...so does this mean that I'll have to wear a Brooks buttondown under them [xx(]...OH NO!!!

"When you wear lapels like the swellest of swells, you can pass any mirror and...
:D:D:Dsmile:D:D:D
...You've either got or you haven't got style!!!"​

Don't worry. Despite the counsel of dissenters, I dare say you'll remain well outside the boundaries of American Trad as you sport the cardigans. Very Dennis Thatcher of you. Perfect with a spread collar. Cheers, Harris

VS

What about a fairisle cardigan? Argyle? Those seem fairly tradly, as does the Aran. How about a button up shetland wool vest?

Maybe it's just the cardigan thing that people object to; my husband calls them "Grandpa sweaters".

<h6>"Buy the best, and you will only cry once." - Chinese proverb</h6>

Coolidge24

Whenever I think cardigan, I think of the following:

1. Golf

2. Three early 60s movie stars (let's say Rock Hudson, Tony Randall, and Gig Young) hanging around the pool with their wives (Doris Day, Maureen O'Hara,Edie Adams)while Gig mixes g&ts and Tony mans the grill.

3. My grandfather in the same situation with any of his male friends from 1950-1985 or so.

Probably trad.

I have an old yellow one which I think was used by #3.

edit: In #2 I suggest a movie scene, not real life, before someone corrects me and says that none of these people were married to each other and Rock played for the other team.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.