Flanderian

Connoisseur
My goodness, Yohei's work is really becoming very varied. Typically beautiful and elegantly exectued.

In no way is this meant to denigrate this shoe, as it's in a whole different realm, but the similarity to a pair of shoes I've had more than 30 years is inescapable. Same color suede, style and similar lines. Mine're are on from J M Weston, and the suede of the upper is far more rustic/crude.

Frankly, I chose the ones I did because a similar style they were selling in a more refined hide was around $150 more, and Weston was costly, even back then. They're the only Weston shoes I've tried and the quality, at least then, was exceptional. Light weight, on an unusually svelte last, but strong as a bank, they're very carefully made with a Goodyear welted sole so closely sewn and trimmed to the upper, you expect it to be Blake, or even hand-welted like Yohei's.

But as I wrote, this in no way is intended to suggest they're the equal of Mr. Fukuda's work, I'm simply struck by the similarity of appearance.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Yohei Fukuda builds beautiful, exquisitely made shoes as regularly as the sun rises in the east. Those below particularly intrigue me for being spectators that employ more subtle contrasts between the hides used. And he revisits themes he has long employed such as the galosh oxford to create a shoe that is both original, yet entirely in harmony.

FukudaGalSpectator.jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.