Are these awesome or awful?

frosejr

I have bucks but I've never owned white shoes. My thought is that there is no middle ground with these - either they are awesome or awful.

What would I wear them with?

whiteshoes.jpg

click to see expanded photo size

J.Marko

What would I wear them with?

Baby blue cotton suit, white shirt, string tie and big white cowboy hat. At an old folks home.

I guess that would be my vote for awful, at least for me.

They would look good with seersucker perhaps, or Nantucket red pants I think if a blazer were involved.

Last edited:

amplifiedheat

Actually, I'd say they're merely decent. Would be quite at home on a golf course, and wherever white bucks are worn. With trousers, they'd look nearly unremarkable.

VA540

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I wouldnt be caught dead in them, not because of their color but because of their design, its looks so 70's. Something I would expect in a Caesar Romero movie.

Last edited:

Earl of Ormonde

Connoisseur
My God, those are hidoeus. I echo what VA540 said, awfully dated design.

Not only are they tassle loafers, they're also that dated half pointy-rounded toe, and on top of that they're white! Keep them out of sight.

White should only be used on sports footwear in my opinion.

CJB

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Whatever you do, don't buy them with the idea you are going to dye them. I took a chance and bought some very cheap, well made, and hideous white shoes. I took them in and got them dyed and the result was pretty bad. Maybe it is just the guy I used, but they are almost unwearable. I would just pass on them if I were you.

upr_crust

Connoisseur
There is not enough irony on earth to make wearing those shoes come off as "cool", unless you are the denizen of a retirement community in the Sun Belt, and you've owned the shoes since they were last fashionable, some 30-40 years ago (if ever) . . .

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange