Epaminondas

I'm on year 3 of my canoe mocs from Arrow moccasins. They are rustic, but that's what I've liked. I imagine it wold take me a decade of casual war to wear out the bottoms. To date, the bottoms have darkened, suggesting some oil permeation, but have shown no wear. I have another pair, in reserve, and they have a "plume" effect much like shell cordovan - suggesting that they have lots of natural oils in reserve. These are not as refined as lined Townsviews, but the leather used is MUCH thicker - your call.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
They do look nice but I've been a Russell fan for over fifteen years and I think it's time to order another pair. Y'see, my left leg is 8cm shorter due to a military injury and Russell will build up the left side without question. When I buy ready made shoes I have to get them adjusted.

127.72 MHz

Advanced Member
as far as retrograde clothing websites go, I think Birdwell Britches has to be the champ.

www.birdwellbeachbritches.com
There's no web site for Birdwell with this link. I surfed, snorkeled, and hung around the beach with two pairs of Birdwell Beach Britches for almost ten years. They held up against the salt water and abuse better than wetsuits I'd occasionally wear over them. If their current products are anything like what I owned I can recommend them without hesitation.

G

Guest-608206

Does anyone here own shoes that are made by the Arrow Moccasin company?
https://www.arrowmoc.com/

Here is a very detailed thread from the other forum. And a detailed review with some good photos:
I am from Hudson originally and have had Arrow moccasins since I was 17, over 40 years ago. I want one last pair if I can get them. I have an email into them. Since he passed a couple of years ago they are not making any new ones. So get them while you can they are a great value for the money.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.