eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I love their technology and aesthetic. There's something crazy beautiful about a behemoth airplane landing on water and taxing to a dock.
View attachment 51287
View attachment 51290 View attachment 51289 View attachment 51291
I enthusiastically support your and Oldsarge's affinity for flying boats, but if said craft is incompatible with serving as a mobile weapons platform, it is just an unnecessary extravagance. Look at the A-10 Warthog, when you take away it's main gun, it's just another ride at the carnival! LOL. ;)

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I enthusiastically support your and Oldsarge's affinity for flying boats, but if said craft is incompatible with serving as a mobile weapons platform, it is just an unnecessary extravagance. Look at the A-10 Warthog, when you take away it's main gun, it's just another ride at the carnival! LOL. ;)
And just what do you have against 'unnecessary extravagances', especially on a men's clothing site where we all drool over bespoke? 😁

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Ayn Rand said that this sculpture inspired her to title her 1957 novel "Atlas Shrugged." She basically explains that choice in the novel - while stating the core message of the book - in the following passage:​
"If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders-what would you tell him to do?"​
"I . . . don't know. What . . . could he do? What would you tell him?"​
"To shrug."​
- p. 455 ; Francisco d'Anconia to Hank Rearden​
I pass this statue a lot and always think of her novel when I do.​

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals