eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^
Here's a question from one who I consider to be a "Hillbilly Art" connoisseur (me); what category of art would The painter of Light, Thomas Kincaid's work most comfortably fit into? I know it's not 'highbrow' art, but it is very comforting to gaze upon for extended periods of time! ;)

Big T

^^
Here's a question from one who I consider to be a "Hillbilly Art" connoisseur (me); what category of art would The painter of Light, Thomas Kincaid's work most comfortably fit into? I know it's not 'highbrow' art, but it is very comforting to gaze upon for extended periods of time! ;)
I resemble that quuestion!

My wife, as much a Pennsyltuckian as I, absolutely goes crazy mad with vitriol at a mere glance of anything Kincaid! I shall never mention her closet full of Elvis on black velvet.

Shaver

Suspended
^^
It is easy to mock the likes of Kincaid, indeed my initial response to your question might have been simply 'kitsch'.

However, I am keen on that great German Romantic Landcape artist Caspar David Friedrich. There is a point, whilst tenuous when applied to the quality of the painterly skill exhibited by these two men, which could be argued, though, that in theme and evocation there is a link between Kincaid and Friedrich....

Still, give me Friedrich any old day of the week.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I resemble that quuestion!

My wife, as much a Pennsyltuckian as I, absolutely goes crazy mad with vitriol at a mere glance of anything Kincaid! I shall never mention her closet full of Elvis on black velvet.
LOL. I share your pain. Mrs Eagle was such a fan of the "King" that after we became empty nesters, she redecorated one of the kids bedrooms as The Elvis Blue Suede Room and we find ourselves making the occasional pilgrimage to Graceland. And truth be told, Elvis's Tupelo, MS birthplace has been in her rear view mirror at least a half dozen times! :crazy: The woman is a real fan.

Big T

LOL. I share your pain. Mrs Eagle was such a fan of the "King" that after we became empty nesters, she redecorated one of the kids bedrooms as The Elvis Blue Suede Room and we find ourselves making the occasional pilgrimage to Graceland. And truth be told, Elvis's Tupelo, MS birthplace has been in her rear view mirror at least a half dozen times! :crazy: The woman is a real fan.
Graceland is on my "to visit" list!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.