Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Did you also go with O'Connells house brand for your poplin suits?
When I bought most of my poplins, '80s- early '00s, I didn't even know about O'Connells. Mine were mainly Haspel brand bought at department stores or Brooks Brothers' house brand.

One year, in the early '90s, in late September, Lord & Taylor's department store all but gave their poplin suits away on a season-ending sale (something like "2 for $99") and I bought four of them in one shot and, then, had to wait until late next spring to break them out, but it was a lot of fun.

TKI67

When I bought most of my poplins, '80s- early '00s, I didn't even know about O'Connells. Mine were mainly Haspel brand bought at department stores or Brooks Brothers' house brand.

One year, in the early '90s, in late September, Lord & Taylor's department store all but gave their poplin suits away on a season-ending sale (something like "2 for $99") and I bought four of them in one shot and, then, had to wait until late next spring to break them out, but it was a lot of fun.
Likewise. I miss L&T.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.