TKI67

Advanced Member
I like them with grey, ranging from Cambridge to Oxford, and with glen plaids. The blazer will even work with moleskins or cords, especially in brighter colors, for a more casual look. Blazers are the perfect foil for GTH pants like embroidered pants (pink poplins embroidered with martini glasses in the summer or green cords embroidered with wreaths in the holiday season), Madras (patchwork is great but overdone). Go for a garish plaid.) In the summer they work with Bermudas. Lastly, perhaps the most classic casual look, Nantucket reds.

ztrad5

Starting Member
Hi all, I find my gold/brass buttons on my navy blazer to be pretentious. Does anyone have any recommendations for an interesting alternative button, such as Mother of Pearl or another option to replace the standard buttons? Any websites have buttons for sale that I could then go to tailor and replace the gold ones? Thanks!

TKI67

Advanced Member
Hi all, I find my gold/brass buttons on my navy blazer to be pretentious. Does anyone have any recommendations for an interesting alternative button, such as Mother of Pearl or another option to replace the standard buttons? Any websites have buttons for sale that I could then go to tailor and replace the gold ones? Thanks!
I find it odd that the most common buttons on blazers OTR are brass and you find them pretentious, but if you are not comfortable with them, replacing them is important. I would suggest a bone button.

ztrad5

Starting Member
Thank you, I'm in an environment where I am being judged and don't want people to get a 'flashy' or pretentious vibe from me...I obviously don't feel that way about other people wearing brass/gold buttons but don't think the general populace shares this view.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
Any websites have buttons for sale that I could then go to tailor and replace the gold ones? Thanks!
You’ll find button purveyors by doing a Google search.

Another option is to go to Goodwill or any thrift store. Inspect the buttons on the suits and sport coats. If you see any that hit the sweet spot, buy the garment to which they are attached. Then harvest the buttons at home.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.