• Staff

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
I'll be in Russia in June.

Any AskAndy Members in these cities that want to get together and test some Vodka?

Moscow
Uglich
Yaroslavl
Kuzino
Kizhi
Mandrogy
St. Petersburg

Post here or e-mail me!

LordSmoke

Wow, that sounds like a very interesting itinerary. Do keep us posted.

:popcorn:

I am in Vienna now, heading to Croatia shortly to give a talk at a meeting including some of my new friends in the Eastern Euro textile industry (only tangentially related to what I do). Some were pretty high up in the Soviet era fashion industry, especially Hungary, and told me there was a respected and thriving industry, but USSR demands put quantity well over quality. It will be interesting to see what you find now.

PS: Sample the borscht (and other culinary offerings) and report back, too, please.

iLarry

Starting Member
I just wish what my English will be not so poor :fool:
All my words baggage will last no more then one beer glass :(
But I'd be happy to say Hello at Moscow :beer:

• Staff

Andy

Staff member
iLarry:

Great! I'm looking forward to meeting you. We'll set something up as the date gets closer. And after a couple of vodkas (or even beer) I should be able to speak Russian! ;)

• Staff

Andy

Staff member
We're set for Moscow thanks to the generosity of Jimmy of Imperial Tailors in Red Square and iLarry! Thanks gentlemen, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Anyone else in Moscow or going to be there?

Andy

Staff member
And here is the invitation:

Дмитрий Корольков пригласил(а) Вас на событие «Andy Visit».
когда среда, 15 июня 2016 г., 13:00 MSK – 16:00 MSK
место Рыбный переулок 2
Москва, Россия
участники Вы
URL-адрес message://%3CBLU437-SMTP10B0D01C0817D87871CA3EA9770%40phx.gbl%3E?c=1463409990&k=%7C487468800/cv/HfPqESj
заметка Гостиный Двор, Рыбный пер., 2, секция 130-132
Джимми Котвани

Andy

Staff member
Set for St. Petersburg!
June 24.
Friday AskAndy Event 1- 3
Imperial Tailors
191025, Russia, St. Petersburg,
ul. Marat, d. 14
Phone: +7 (812) 702-6212
the E-mail address: [email protected]

iLarry

Starting Member
So Andy arrived safely and we're looking forward to meet him tomorrow at Moscow North River Terminal:beer: I just hope he'll allow me to post some photos from his visit.. :beers::biggrin:

Andy

Staff member
Very interesting day at Imperial Tailors. Their shop is spectacular. Hope to put up info and photos later today after we explore the Moscow Metro!

But had to post a huge THANK YOU to iLarry who without his navigational skills we wouldn't have made it there or back! He met us at the ship and got us to the tailor. iLarry's English is great and he has some wonderful stories about his family and his travels.

More later!

iLarry

Starting Member
Wow, it was a great day for sure! :)
I'm so happy what I was lucky to meet Andy personally. I must admit easily what Andy is one of the most well educated, intelligent and interesting persons which I've met in my lifetime - a true Gentleman.
It was a real pleasure to talk with him about everything starting from Brooks Brothers non-iron chinos up to the "Devil Wears Prada" movie. :icon_hailthee:
I honestly hope what he'll have a lot of pleasant memories after this Tour also! :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.