vonSuess

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
These musical fellows I know asked me to play the banjo for their barbershop quartet. I can pretty much wear what I want so I'm thinking of commissioning a red and white striped shirt with white french cuffs and wing collar. I think this with a bowtie, suspenders and perhaps an occasional white flat cap might be acceptable for the genre. Yes, I know what everyone says about wearing wing collars with anything but formalwear, but this is largely a costume so I think I might get away with it. I suppose I could go with a club collar if the wing doesn't work out. All suggestions much appreciated...

Troones

That sounds like amazing fun. Whatever collar you choose, can I also suggest those elastic arm bands that hold up the shirt sleeve? Those are the epitome of cool, and fits with the theme I think.

Matt S

Connoisseur
I think a high club collar would be a great choice for a more historically inspired collar. A white collar would be nice too.

Will French cuffs get in the way while playing? I don’t play banjo, but it’s something to think about.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.