Dandan

Starting Member
Others here are far more knowledgeable than me.

I don't have shirts by Borrelli, but I have one each from Barba and Eton. Someone on this forum said somewhere that they found Eton's fabric to be plasticky. I don't find mine to be so, and I like the fabric well enough. Its biggest advantage is how wrinkle-resistant it is. And the shirt's fine. But my Barba shirt is incomparably more elegant. The fabric is of exceptionally high quality, the buttons are beautiful, the cut is more stylish, and there is some handwork.

As someone who's tall and slender, I find Stenstroms' shirts, which are also wrinkle-resistant and of about comparable quality to Eton, to fit better (higher armholes, e.g.), and I also find them overall nicer, than the Eton shirt I have.

In short, Eton is decent, but Barba is beautiful. Were it up to me, and keeping in mind the price difference between the two shirts you've linked to, I'd choose the Barba for sure.

Last edited:

Ceriano

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I received my Barba shirt today. I must say I’m not all that impressed with the fit or the fabric. Fabric feels like plastic. It’s see thru and doesn’t iron easy. Collar stays are really thin and flimsy. $20 CK shirt comes with better collar stays than this.
Bottoms are nice and thick but that’s about it. Construction appears to be better than Eton but it’s nothing like my Isaia. For a little bit more I’d say Isaia is a much better buy. For the money I prefer Eton over Barba. They can be had much cheaper on sale and I like the Eton collars better.

Attachments

Dandan

Starting Member
Ceriano,

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed, and also sorry that I may have influenced your decision.

I don't know enough about collar stays to know whether thicker or sturdier ones make a difference, but my best shirts all have equally thin stays. The sturdiest stays I had were on the two poorest-quality shirts I've bought (Hawes & Curtis, which I bought when I didn't know anything about shirts and gave away because they were so not nice, but I kept the stays...).

My Barba shirt is among the very best shirts I have (my other good shirts are mostly by Finamore and Truzzi, and I think the Barba is about as nice as the former and nicer than the latter, and also nicer than Ermenegildo Zegna and Corneliani), and definitely nicer in every way than my Eton shirt. But I don't have very high-quality shirts like Kiton to compare it to.

I understand your disappointment if the fabric feels plasticky. The shirt I have is a winter-weight shirt, so it's not thin.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.