Howard

Connoisseur
The barbershop I frequent, had a fairly good number of periodicals to occupy the attention of waiting customers before the pandemic, but since the shops reopening, the stack of magazines and newspapers is no more! It would be problematic to disinfect the magazines and newspapers between readings. I can live without the reading materials. ;)

But why would they display Playboys in a barbershop, wouldn't that get men excited?

fishertw

Advanced Member
My Barber Shop is a walk-in place, I like the way they do "short in the front and back" since I have hardly any hair,it doesn't take them long to do it, about 10-15 minutes and that's it.
Mine is the same way Howard. When I was still working I would advise the receptionist at my office that I was going to get a haircut and her standard reply was always. "Well if anyone calls, I'll just put them on hold. This won't take long" Yep, I got no respect but I did work with a bunch of fantastic folks.

Dhaller

Advanced Member
My barber shop is walk-in only if you walk REALLY slowly, like it takes three weeks to get from the car to the door :p

(I can't complain, because I cut my hair based on my schedule, not "need", and as soon as I walk in the door I get my hair cut, with zero "waiting room" time.)

DH

Howard

Connoisseur
I just want to say that I'm sorry if I wound up getting a bit excited yesterday about the Playboy magazine discussions at the barbershop, my head was in another place, I do apologize for my behavior and it was uncalled for.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.