BB Merino Cardigan

Benson

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Hi All,

I know there have been a number of threads about merino lately, particularly Brooks Merino, but with the sale on and my currently living far from a BB brick and mortar, I need your help.

Let me say, first, that I've mostly turned my back on BB. I think most, though not all, of the goods don't provide much value, even when on sale. I think it might be even more so with BB's merino sweaters. They have some stretch component and feel artificial to me, or at least they did the past two seasons. The cardigans, however, do not have a stretch component, but I didn't inspect them the last time I was at BB. They, of course, look rather thin in the catalog, and have what appears to be buttons that will pop right off, yet I am still considering them. Is it worth the $85 I would have to drop on one? Or should I wait to get one from Jonathan at Four in Hand, who sweaters are clearly better constructed, even if at nearly double the price? I suppose what I am asking is will the cost of BB's cardigan be greater than the one at FIH over time? It just seems that the last ten things I've Bought at BB have had some error or have not held up well (has anyone else had issue with shirts shrinking to a ridiculous extent lately?).
Thanks in advance,
Benson

WindsorNot

My impression of the BB merino caridgan is that it is a bit too "flimsy" and is definitely overpriced unless you purchase at a discount. They do not appear like they would hold up well over time. I did, however, just purchase a BB camel hair cardigan on clearance with F&F discount that is sturdier. I think the camel hair will work great. Also, I know it's not wool, but consider the LE Supima cardigan. The price is right - especially with all the coupons floating around - and they are very sturdily constructed: .

Benson

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Thanks, Windsor. I purchased the LE cardigan in the end, figuring I could always return it if it seems poorly made.
Best,
Benson

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.