TheUndertaker

I called Ben Silver yesterday to see if their G9 leather jacket was available with a different lining. I told them I would be open to any other fabric linings they had on hand and willing to pay any premium required to have one made. A lovely young lady called back today to inform me that it would not be possible.

At $1,395 for the coat, I was flabbergasted that they would not be willing to work with me on this for an additional premium.

At one time, I knew who Ben Silver was sourcing their leather jacket from. It is a distant memory.

Do any of our members have any suggestions or know of any comparable jackets? Ben Silver's immediately attracted my attention since it does not have fabric on the waistband.

drpeter

I just saw this jacket in the paper catalogue they sent me in the post. It is really a lovely jacket. I am unclear why they would not be able to make one with the lining you want, especially since you are willing to pay an extra charge. Perhaps the makers from whom they source the jacket may not want to make a one-off jacket with a different lining.

If you don't mind my asking: Is it just that you simply dislike their house tartan lining, or do you have one that you have a clear preference for?

The original maker of the G9 jacket, the English firm Baracuta, has this model available for half the price of the Ben Silver model although it does have a fabric waistband:

https://www.atomretro.com/product_i...racuta-g9-padded-oiled-leather-mod-harrington

There are cheaper models with a leather waistband on Amazon, but I am unsure about quality for these items.

smmrfld

I've had several jackets made by flightjacket.com. The quality has been outstanding, the jackets are USA-made, and they can customize just about every spec. Prices are extremely competitive, especially when considering the customizing.

https://www.flightjacket.com/custom-work

The first time I ordered, I sent them a jacket that fit me perfectly and they absolutely nailed the sizing on the ones they made for me. Highly recommend.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I don't know if the still do, but O'Connell's used to sell a lamb hide version of G9 Jacket designs. As I recall they were asking just under $1000 for the jackets. Good luck in your hunt. ;)

fishertw

Elite Member
Just got an ad from H Stockton in Atlanta and they are having an outerwear sale and I noticed a lambskin G9 type jacket on sale there. Seems that the price is around $600.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange