CSG

Inactive user
Between using my BB credit card for 25% off a sale price running through yesterday, my ShopRunner account, and two $20 gift cards (birthday and credit card reward), I was able to pick up three of the old style ocbd shirts for $46.30 each (no sales tax in my state). Probably the last great deal I'll ever get there! Oh, pink, yellow, and ecru were the only ones in my size (17/34) and my preferred Madison fit.

LIer

Pink, yellow, and ecru were the colors of my last purchase of the old ocbd's also. I really enjoy those shirts; and they fit great, too. Perhaps it's time to pick up a few more before they are all gone.

Natty Beau

Nice deal!

Do you find them to be better than other oxford button downs on the market? I wear Lands' End OCBD for daily wear but have been thinking of getting one white Brooks OCBD for special occasions. I know they used to be the gold standard--I own a bunch of pre-1990s BB jackets, so I've seen the quality first hand--but are they still?

If you care to share your thoughts on that, thanks in advance!

Himself

Nice deal!

Do you find them to be better than other oxford button downs on the market? I wear Lands' End OCBD for daily wear but have been thinking of getting one white Brooks OCBD for special occasions. I know they used to be the gold standard--I own a bunch of pre-1990s BB jackets, so I've seen the quality first hand--but are they still?

If you care to share your thoughts on that, thanks in advance!
Yes, they are still great, on par with others costing much more. The "new" ones are mostly just more expensive, catching up to the others in price.

So grab the "old" ones at the old price plus discount while you can.

CSG

Inactive user
Natty, I have some LE ocbd shirts that I bought at sail prices (Hyde Park and Sail Rigger). They're good shirts, especially in the $20-25 range but the America made BB shirts are better. However, last year, I ordered a single BB ocbd shirt just before a sale to see how they were and ended up sending it back because I didn't think the quality was what it should be. However, I gave them another chance during the sale and was pleased with what I received for an average of $50-55 a shirt. Much nicer quality than LE IMO and a better collar.

Last edited:

DoghouseReilly

Has anyone confirmed that the new shirt is replacing the old one? The new shirt came out in January, IIRC, and it looks like BB restocked my size in the old model.

CSG

Inactive user
It's hard to say. Late last year, I was told this shirt would stay in the line by a BB VP. However, many of the various fits have had limited sizes available for some time now. For example, I wanted to get a couple blue shirts in the Madison fit in 17/34. They have yet to replenish that size in months. I ended up some months back (Father's Day) settling for my size in the Traditional fit hoping, maybe, to exchange them for Madison fit. I haven't seen them restocked since.

Natty Beau

Thanks for the info, guys. At the risk of asking a dumb question, are we talking about the "Original Polo" shirt? When I looked through the Brooks web site a little while back it was the only oxford I could find that didn't say "non-iron" in the name.

Also, I'm seeing a full retail price of $140 on the website, so that must be the new shirt, right? I asked in my local Brooks store about their "must iron" oxford over the summer and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about, although they were very friendly about it. I guess there is no other way to find the old one than looking through brick and mortar and I'm SOL...

Orgetorix

Honors Member
Thanks for the info, guys. At the risk of asking a dumb question, are we talking about the "Original Polo" shirt? When I looked through the Brooks web site a little while back it was the only oxford I could find that didn't say "non-iron" in the name.

Also, I'm seeing a full retail price of $140 on the website, so that must be the new shirt, right? I asked in my local Brooks store about their "must iron" oxford over the summer and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about, although they were very friendly about it. I guess there is no other way to find the old one than looking through brick and mortar and I'm SOL...
BB has (understandably) made the old-model OCBD hard to find on the site, in order to drive traffic to the new one. Use the link CSG provided below and write down the item number(s) for future reference.

CSG

Inactive user
Not just free 2 day shipping but free returns too. If you have an American Express card it's probably an included benefit.

kendallr88

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
The BB OCBD in the alpha sizing is of good quality in my opinion, some of you won't like the Golden Fleece logo on the chest, but it does not bother me one bit. I prefer the XL in Regular/ Maddison fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.