Best-dressed TV shows?

MTM_Master?

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Although there are many characters on the show NOT dressed properly,

I think the character Leo McGarry from The West Wing is always dressed well.

TheoProf

Although there are many characters on the show NOT dressed properly,

I think the character Leo McGarry from The West Wing is always dressed well.

A lot of brown suits on that show, so it makes me think of the Reagan administration. On the other hand, I didn't notice many wingtips. Bartlett is always dressed well. I like his repp ties.

Tilton

Elite Member
Second for this. Several times I've seen him with a Barbour over his suit, as well. Don Cragen on Law and Order SVU is also a trad man, but seems to miss the mark a bit. I guess all his open collars and loosened ties play into his character, though.

Let's be honest it's Law & Order. Jack McCoy crushed the Brooks Brothers catalog cover to cover.

View attachment 8198

calfnkip

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Guess I'm showing my age here, but I was always partial to Lee Marvin's look in M Squad.

I sill like the theme and incidental music to the series - - one of the few US television shows that featured a predominately jazz soundtrack.

Count Basie's theme music for the series is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAhXez5Ib2k

crocto

Second for this. Several times I've seen him with a Barbour over his suit, as well. Don Cragen on Law and Order SVU is also a trad man, but seems to miss the mark a bit. I guess all his open collars and loosened ties play into his character, though.

When you work hard all day and night bustin' perps you tend to want to loosen up a bit. Yeah, it's totally a character thing. The grizzled vet captain who's seen it all.

Capt-Don-Cragen-law-and-order-svu-2671616-720-480.jpg

Michael Cutter also rocked some nice 3 pieces/vests as well.

tumblr_ma0vsfT19P1rxroezo3_r1_250.jpg

The best part of Law & Order is that they filmed in NYC in the winter. So you get awesome shots of them in the snow. Rocking not only suits but some cold weather gear.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange