Best In Show

rgrossicone

Elite Member
As a proud beagle owner (Lucrezia-3 1/2 years old) I would like to share my joy at the crowning of Uno as Best in Show at Westminster this week. Beagles truly are man's best friend, and Lulu is mine.

Any other proud beagle parents out there? Any other great dog stories to share?

https://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2122655560103029505LYpRko

https://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2398146400103029505vjawSF
...and yes, thats her eating the Christmas Tree at my parent's home...typical beagle!
https://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2710787740103029505chAoWb

Last edited:

BertieW

Very cute! I loved that the beagle won the dog show. Did you see the photo of him with his front paws in the trophy cup?

rgrossicone

Elite Member
it was great...he bayed at judges, ate microphones, and was the crowd favorite...the "People's Dog"...the most recent Time had a bit of a blurb on Uno.

Laxplayer

Honors Member, <br>Varsity Captain
Good looking dog. I'm also glad that Uno won, and he is from the St. Louis area too! My grandpa used to raise beagles.

The Gabba Goul

Elite Member
Nice to see something besides a poodle win every now and then...

I honestly dont have much use for dog shows or dog show cluture...you can't tell me that when you have that many championship dogs of the highest caliber that politics isnt involved in choosing the winner...that's why if you watch alot of dog shows you'll notice that the same ones win pretty regularly. And the dog show people are the dorkiest bunch of wannabes you've ever met in your life...I do love to watch the dogs though...I myself have a mini schnauzer and a boston terrier...they are definately a handful...

anybody ever see the movie Best in Show??? Very funny...

Wayfarer

Honors Member<br>P-Bomb
Very cute dog. My brother has a beagle too. I find they usually have a fantastic disposition and tend to be a very healthy dog.

Laxplayer

Honors Member, <br>Varsity Captain
Nice to see something besides a poodle win every now and then...

I honestly dont have much use for dog shows or dog show cluture...you can't tell me that when you have that many championship dogs of the highest caliber that politics isnt involved in choosing the winner...that's why if you watch alot of dog shows you'll notice that the same ones win pretty regularly. And the dog show people are the dorkiest bunch of wannabes you've ever met in your life...I do love to watch the dogs though...I myself have a mini schnauzer and a boston terrier...they are definately a handful...

anybody ever see the movie Best in Show??? Very funny...
I love that movie.

rgrossicone

Elite Member
Very nice pic,what's his/her name? :)

thats Lucrezia - Lulu for short. There's always a story behind a name and she is no different. When my family came to this country (the US) in the 1890's, my great grandmother (Carmela Pietropinto) had a cousin named Lucrezia. She was a red headed beauty who at first glance stopped gentlemen in their tracks. Unfortunately, when they got to know her she was a bit of a *****. Her nastiness and tone made her a family favorite to gossip about, and my grandmother, who shared her bright red hair, was often called Lucrezia to her dismay. So, when we knew we were getting a female, and we saw her photo, we understood that her beauty would be unmatched, and knowing the personalities of beagles, she might be a bit of a spoiled brat (that's also mostly our doing). We couldn't think of a more appropriate name than Lucrezia, and now, my cousin four times removed, and long dead, lives on in the form of our beautiful little Lulu. Thankfully she is one of the most loving and playful creatures on this earth, when she gets what she wants that is, which is more often than not.

Capt Ron

Oh yeah...can your dog open an over door and eat an entire Thanksgiving Day Turkey?
That's talent!

servicedogid.jpg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
There is nothing more American than a Beagle being crowned, "Best in Show!" While a (sweetly loyal) Beagle can make a great family pet, it is a truely memorable sight to see one working in the field...a great little rabbit hound! My family's life has been graced by several of these wonderful little friends.

stainless

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Kudos to gettting your dogs from the rescue league and humane society. I like that.:icon_smile:

I'm not into the whole pedigree thing, so I'm sure there are some who would disagree. However, there are so many animals who end up at shelters that I could never see paying a breeder or pet store for a dog or cat.

Currently have a 3-legged Sheba from an animal shelter. Waiting until we buy a house to get a dog.

SpookyTurtle

I'm not into the whole pedigree thing, so I'm sure there are some who would disagree. However, there are so many animals who end up at shelters that I could never see paying a breeder or pet store for a dog or cat.

Currently have a 3-legged Sheba from an animal shelter. Waiting until we buy a house to get a dog.

Absolutely. There are so many animals looking for a good home I think it makes pefect sense to adopt one from a shelter of humane society. I make a few small contributions to my local humane society every year.

rgrossicone

Elite Member
Absolutely. There are so many animals looking for a good home I think it makes pefect sense to adopt one from a shelter of humane society. I make a few small contributions to my local humane society every year.

I agree...Lulu was my first pure breed...I've had a hound mix from North Shore, a poodle from a rescue, my brother has a lab/terrier from a rescue, and my brother in law has the sweetest hound terrier mix (Elvis) from his local...they are great places...have volunteered at a few over summers...its sad to have so many animals have to be put down

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange