article Best Men's Stretch Denim Jeans

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
For those interested in stretch denim jeans, please be sure to check out the following article.

9 Best Men's Stretch Denim Jeans for under $150

1623604932894.png

If you know of other brands making stretch denim, even if they are priced over $150, please include them below!

fishertw

Elite Member
I recently bought both an LL Bean and a Ben Silver jean. Both are great. The BS is less spandex but seemingly just right and the Bean, which were admittedly a good deal less expensive, are a good fit as well. I wear a 31 length so had to buy a 32 in both and have them shortened a bit. Great replacements for earlier LL Bean non stretch variety.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Great article! I have a couple pair of Levis #541 Athletic Fit design jeans, made with their stretch denim and even carrying my extra pounds of winter weight, they still fit quite comfortably. They don't have that Dad jeans look to them and from a vanity perspective,, I was able to drop down two inches in the waist. Although my classic beauty, Mrs Eagle, gently reminded me that a smaller number on that little leather patch Levi sews on their jeans does nothing to change the view one sees when the jeans come off! Keeping it humble...or should that be keeping me humble? LOL. ;)

fishertw

Elite Member
Great article! I have a couple pair of Levis #541 Athletic Fit design jeans, made with their stretch denim and even carrying my extra pounds of winter weight, they still fit quite comfortably. They don't have that Dad jeans look to them and from a vanity perspective,, I was able to drop down two inches in the waist. Although my classic beauty, Mrs Eagle, gently reminded me that a smaller number on that little leather patch Levi sews on their jeans does nothing to change the view one sees when the jeans come off! Keeping it humble...or should that be keeping me humble? LOL. ;)
Eagle, I've lost about 20 pounds during Covid, largely due to not eating hamburgers out at noon with a friend who, I used to go to the gym with. I think the gym part was mostly an excuse to go out to lunch several days a week. Still have not started back eating out indoors anywhere and my wife Kit and I have walked a couple of miles a day since the pandemic bagan. I guess it is all cumulative but having clothing that fits better is certainly a reward in itself.

• Staff

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info & comments @fishertw and @eagle2250!

I have the following brands of stretch denim jeans or other pants with stretch:
  • Dearborn Denim
  • Mugsy Jeans
  • Mott & Bow
  • Zara Man
  • DSTLD
  • Levi's
  • State & Liberty stretch dress pants
  • Cohesive & Co stretch slacks
I too have lost some weight since the pandemic, so some of my stretch denim jeans are now a bit loose in the waist, and have been falling down while walking around.

Belts (side-topic)

Generally speaking, don't like wearing belts because they either have a buckle that is too bulky (holeless belts), or they don't fit comfortable enough.

Almost bought a Grip6 belt since it has a very thin buckle and you can adjust to any tightness. But, instead, decided to try an elastic belt from Amazon which meets nearly all of my requirements. My main gripe is that it is a bit unattractive.

So, I actually may try to work with local leather shop and design a custom leather belt that has one or more 1-2" sections of elastic.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^
Take a look at Colonel Littletons adjustable belts. Utilizing the same design as vintage rifle slings, you adjust the size of the belts using the hooks and eyes fount on the belt. Never adjusting the buckle placement, keeps your belt looking forever brand new. Currently I have three of them and frankly that may not be the last that I buy. Other than the Cinch lock buckle, the buckles are not bulky. ;)

• Staff

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
Take a look at Colonel Littletons adjustable belts.
Thanks for the suggestion! Never heard of them before, but nice looking belts indeed.

Unfortunately, they look like they have the same issue as traditional belts -- the spacing between the holes looks like it's about 1" or slightly more.

I'm looking for something that will stretch, so it will expand/contract as needed.

Regardless, thanks a bunch for the recommendation.

John inSC

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Lucky Brand does stretch denim as well. I originally scoffed at the idea because it seems too much like a woman’s style pant with all the stretch but, they are fairly comfortable when at work. I would prefer if they did not have the elasticity in the waist, though.

Grip6 belts are also nice for casual wear — I have a couple different color straps and buckles. They’re great at work because they support a substantial amount of weight and don’t lose their strapped in position and no holes to get sloppy.

• Staff

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
Lucky Brand does stretch denim as well
Ah, yes. Lucky Brand denim used to be my favorite. Good to know they have stretch denim jeans now.

Grip6 belts are also nice for casual wear
Good info on the Grip6 belts, thanks! I've got an idea for a hybrid leather & stretch belt that I've just started to work with a local leather smith on. We'll see how it goes.

fishertw

Elite Member
Thanks for the suggestion! Never heard of them before, but nice looking belts indeed.

Unfortunately, they look like they have the same issue as traditional belts -- the spacing between the holes looks like it's about 1" or slightly more.

I'm looking for something that will stretch, so it will expand/contract as needed.

Regardless, thanks a bunch for the recommendation.
Mike, Check out Sam Hubbard belts. I just recently saw an ad for them possibly on this site about stretchy belts that are leather. Don't know anything about them but I have had pretty good luck with Sam Hubbard shoes. Tom

kostas

Starting Member
Great article. I have been wearing for a long time Wrangler Texas stretch. I find them very comfortable, and durable.

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
I have been wearing for a long time Wrangler Texas stretch. I find them very comfortable, and durable.
Glad you liked the article! Thanks for sharing info on the Wrangler stretch denim jeans.

We may update the article even more and include all of the brands mentioned here :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.