Dhaller

Advanced Member
Since I clicked on this expecting to offer "H. Stockton" or "Sid Mashburn", and so I'm here, drinking my coffee and taking some time to glance at news stories and forum posts, I'm going to answer helpfully.

1. That's better categorized as "street" or "club" style, which isn't really the purview of this forum (see! I said it should be called Classic Style! ;) )

2. That's a costume, by which I mean he's an entertainer, and he has outfits (I use the word deliberately) custom-made for shows and events. The specialized tailor who makes these is called a costumer designer.

When I was growing up, a good friend of mine was a serious dancer. He'd studied dance since the age of 5 (his mother was a professional ballerina), and his closet groaned under the weight of dozens and dozens of suits and other outfits with all manner of sequins, piping, embroidery, etc. White, red, lime green suits, you name it, he had it. They were custom made for him by a theatrical costume designer.

(My daughter is a student dancer at the Atlanta Ballet, so we, too, have annual visits with the costume designer, but that's a little different.)

Here's how you do this: you find a theatrical costume designer in Amman, Jordan; it's a proper, modern city, so they're there, somewhere. You have him or her make this for you. Solved!

DH

upr_crust

Connoisseur
Since I clicked on this expecting to offer "H. Stockton" or "Sid Mashburn", and so I'm here, drinking my coffee and taking some time to glance at news stories and forum posts, I'm going to answer helpfully.

1. That's better categorized as "street" or "club" style, which isn't really the purview of this forum (see! I said it should be called Classic Style! ;) )

2. That's a costume, by which I mean he's an entertainer, and he has outfits (I use the word deliberately) custom-made for shows and events. The specialized tailor who makes these is called a costumer designer.

When I was growing up, a good friend of mine was a serious dancer. He'd studied dance since the age of 5 (his mother was a professional ballerina), and his closet groaned under the weight of dozens and dozens of suits and other outfits with all manner of sequins, piping, embroidery, etc. White, red, lime green suits, you name it, he had it. They were custom made for him by a theatrical costume designer.

(My daughter is a student dancer at the Atlanta Ballet, so we, too, have annual visits with the costume designer, but that's a little different.)

Here's how you do this: you find a theatrical costume designer in Amman, Jordan; it's a proper, modern city, so they're there, somewhere. You have him or her make this for you. Solved!

DH
I believe that this is the most accurate response to the OP's request - the garment shown is certainly not available as ready-to-wear clothing, and isn't what one would call "classic" or "timeless" style - not the garment's intent.

A more likely (and affordable) solution might be Tallia Orange. See the URL below.

https://www.tallia.com/

Note that Tallia isn't "classic" or "timeless", but might fulfill the stylistic requirements of the OP.

Woofa

Hello huab and welcome to the forums. Unfortunately you would get less love on the Trad forums. The truth is that this website is generally not going to be of much help for items that are fashionable as opposed to stylish. perhaps stylish may be confused with conservative although it is not always true. You could try TOF as that website gets a more varied approach but even there, most would frown upon an item that is more fashion forward like the one you posted. If your style questions move more into classic style I think you will find this forum to be a wealth of information. Good luck.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.