Men's Clothing Forums banner

Brass or Nickel belt buckle?

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Guest-476350 
#1 ·
Going with a casual look of plain front khakis, Oxford or pinpoint button down and Alden cordovan loafers, which color belt buckle is more appropriate? I am looking at the Equus bridle belt with their West End buckle to keep it simple. For colors, I already have their Australian nut, so am thinking either Conker in the J&E Sedgwick bridle or Oak Brown in the Bakers of Colyton. I want a second belt and think their Guards belt that is a leather/webbing combo looks good as well.

I am thinking the polished nickel color looks too shiny and the brass would be warmer and not as harsh appearing.

#6 · (Edited)
I prefer brass, but it is almost unavoidable that somewhere along the way you will have to learn to live with different metallic tones. For example, my never removed wedding ring is gold, but my casual watch is stainless, and my studs are rimmed with platinum. So, it's either get a divorce, give up telling time and going to semiformal or formal events, or learn to live with non-matching metals. I chose door number three.

G
#10 ·
Going with a casual look of plain front khakis, Oxford or pinpoint button down and Alden cordovan loafers, which color belt buckle is more appropriate? I am looking at the Equus bridle belt with their West End buckle to keep it simple. For colors of vlone pants , I already have their Australian nut, so am thinking either Conker in the J&E Sedgwick bridle or Oak Brown in the Bakers of Colyton. Here, I want a second belt and think their Guards belt that is a leather/webbing combo looks good as well.

I am thinking the polished nickel color looks too shiny and the brass would be warmer and not as harsh appearing.
Go for a brass buckle with your pants. That will suit more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.