Britches of Georgetowne being brought back

Tom Buchanan

One of the original founders of Britches of Georgetowne has bought the trademarks back and has secured financing to reintroduce the brand.

It appears that the brand will be sold through other high-end stores, rather than have its own stores like in the early days of Britches.

I will be interested to see if they can match the quality of the original.

jm22

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I see Britches at Nordstrom all the time, I missing something? Or is Britches of Georgetowne a different label?

They're also at Nordstrom Rack a lot.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
One of the original founders of Britches of Georgetowne has bought the trademarks back and has secured financing to reintroduce the brand.

It appears that the brand will be sold through other high-end stores, rather than have its own stores like in the early days of Britches.

I will be interested to see if they can match the quality of the original.

The original Britches before it metastasized was an innovative retailer with an eye and clever style that improvised on an essentially TNSIL mode. I found that very appealing. Should this new venture prove to be in any way a revival of that theme, I will be delighted. And I will also eat my hat. (Which is new, and which I would otherwise never consider digesting.) Should it prove more than another cynical marketing ploy attempting to wring a few more Guilders from another empty name which is purchased by folks who buy brands rather than clothes, it will be very surprising.

AMProfessor

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I still find a lot of their original pieces (jackets and ties mainly) in thrift shops here in Virginia. Style wise it aged quite well. I have kept a couple of ties I found for my regular rotation.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
I see Britches at Nordstrom all the time, I missing something? Or is Britches of Georgetowne a different label?

They're also at Nordstrom Rack a lot.

What you see at Nordstrom and The Rack are JB Britches--a completely different brand that was started in the Los Angeles area in 1978 and has been in continuous operation ever since.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.