British country clothing (photos)...

dbgrate

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Gwerty...The condition of that jacket is called "tattered chic"...about the same condition of coats worn by the unfortunate and homeless street people I see begging with paper coffee cups for "any change,mister" on the streets of Boston,here.If you've got "wellies" on,though,'tis absolutely charming! Along the lines of...if you're nutty as a fruitcake,but are short of cash,you're crazy...if you've "wealthy",you're eccentric.

Benjamin.65

Very refreshing!

Excellent photographs.
The first batch are the most representative I would say.
The second lot are a bit more 'dressed for the part' - there's quite a lot of new looking clothing there. The Guardsmen look a lot more more relaxed and natural.

Most of the Wellies being worn are 'Hunters' I'd say. The English classic.

B.

Sir Royston

Spammer
Todays Attire

Dear All
I had intended to post a couple of images.. however i have no idea how to!!!
Today we went to the Races at Bangor on Dee. I wore a Derby Tweed Norfolk Shooting suit, Tattersall shirt from Cordings, Bespoke Boots from NZ, tweed cap etc etc... May other "Tweeded" Gentleman around, so was rather fun.

If anyone can advise how i post images i would be most grateful
Regards
SRB

Sir Royston

Spammer
Updated site

Dear All
Today we went to the Races at Bangor on Dee. I wore a Derby Tweed Norfolk Shooting suit, Tattersall shirt from Cordings, Bespoke Boots from NZ, tweed cap etc etc... May other "Tweeded" Gentleman around, so was rather fun.

Regards
SRB

Well, rather than actually use image hosting i made the supreme effort to update the website instead..
So, Gentlemen.. here are some images of the Huntsman suit and also yesterday at Bangor-on-Dee Races.
https://www.fogeygentleman.co.uk/countrypage2.html

Benjamin.65

Only one word will do -

More!

More!!

MORE!!!

(OK, that's three...)

We've got room here - Let the Sir join the Squire!

God Rest Ye Fogey Gentleman -

Ben.

Literide

Excellent photographs.
The first batch are the most representative I would say.
The second lot are a bit more 'dressed for the part' - there's quite a lot of new looking clothing there. The Guardsmen look a lot more more relaxed and natural.

Most of the Wellies being worn are 'Hunters' I'd say. The English classic.

B.

Make that "Scottish" classic, thank you

Literide

Dear All

Regards
SRB

<<Bespoke Boots from NZ>>

do tell...

Sir Royston

Spammer
NZ Bespoke Boots

<<Bespoke Boots from NZ>>

do tell...

Hello there
I had some boots made whilst in NZ. The company was called the Lat Footwear Company and although still in business now its all bought in ready made. In 95 when i purchased mine they made their shoes in Dunedin and were genuine quality. I have handmade Oxfords, Brogues, boat shoes and Boots from them..

DougNZ

Elite Member
I'm pretty sure the Last Footwear Company is in Christchurch. Dad has a pair of their boots; while they are of very sturdy construction, I thought the look of them very much suited the outdoors and not so much the indoors-looking-like-the-outdoors. Of course, I have not seen many examples of their work and defer to Sir Royston's opinion.

Sir Royston

Spammer
Last Footwear Company

I'm pretty sure the Last Footwear Company is in Christchurch. Dad has a pair of their boots; while they are of very sturdy construction, I thought the look of them very much suited the outdoors and not so much the indoors-looking-like-the-outdoors. Of course, I have not seen many examples of their work and defer to Sir Royston's opinion.

Doug, Hello. hope you are well. LFC may well actually be based in CHCH.. but i do remember they made their bespoke items in Dunedin.. sadly, as i mentioned it seems they have no ceased bespoke production in favour of imported items.
To all, I hope that Doug will agree on this point. There were quite a few NZ clothing etc. companies whom always made their products in NZ and it was always a pleasure to support them.. however it seems that almost all are using imported goods nowadays.. very sad

DougNZ

Elite Member
There were quite a few NZ clothing etc. companies whom always made their products in NZ and it was always a pleasure to support them.. however it seems that almost all are using imported goods nowadays.. very sad

Many still manufactur their own items ... it's just that they do so in China. Icebreaker is a prime example.

Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
Now these photos are the same group as above, but dressed for the after-shoot dinner (i.e. piss-up). Lots of hard-core "squire" stuff going on here. Note the clashing colour & pattern combinations that country Brits put together without the slightest sense of irony...

Joe Tradly

Elite Member
Ok, I think we need to arrange one of these outings.

Don't think we can manage it in England. But let's do it here in the States sometime.

It looks like an amazing time!

JB

Clovis

A photo shoot maybe....I'm a scared a guns - LOL:icon_smile_wink:

The Sartorialist might be a good contender for the F-Stop work and their is always plenty of room for well dressed spectators at this sort of event I believe.

Do we have some interst here?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.