drpeter

As a serious cyclist, I would love to find out what bike the lad is holding. The wider variant of a North Road handlebar is distinctive, but that may not mean much, it could have been a later addition. The saddle is possibly a Brooks (because the shape is right, and because I am rather partial to them, LOL). The white, oval headbadge suggests it might be a Schwinn, although it is hard to see any writing.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
An interesting photo, for sure, but what's with the whip? It appears a bit much for motivating the horse....just seems out of place. Perhaps exchange it for a crop? :icon_scratch:;)
I believe that she is probably a 'whipper -in' or assistant to the master of foxes who uses the whip to control the hound pack and make sure it doesn't go off chasing rabbits, deer, etc.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I believe that she is probably a 'whipper -in' or assistant to the master of foxes who uses the whip to control the hound pack and make sure it doesn't go off chasing rabbits, deer, etc.
Thank you for clarrifying that point regarding her role in the hunt. Having never actually been on a fox hunt, I have much to learn of the sport. ;)

MikeF

Actually BRG is still good for British racers but it's been considered unlucky for American drivers for a long time now. An American was killed in a crash in a BRG car and no national or international driving American has done it since supposedly.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.